Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
Originally Posted By: MemberD
More blogging and some nice pics here . .especially of Hannah

Version Crazy

Oh! That's my blog... Odd to see it mentioned here! I only posted a few of the better pics, there are others. Couldn't get any clear shots of Benge where I was stood. There are some quite comical ones where it looks as if Hannah Peel has a miniature 'Benge head' stuck on top of her keyboard! Anyway... thoroughly enjoyed both shows and for the support slots I found Tara Busch to be most enjoyable, not sure how I'd categorise her sound, but I really liked it a lot and swiftly made my way to the merch table pretty sharpish afterwards and handed over some folding stuff for a copy of her CD.

Administrator
Administrator
Here's another blogger's review

Paul Wady - Last of The Clean Bohemians

http://lastofthecleanbohemians.wordpress...at-xoyo-london/

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Originally Posted By: glimmer fix
Originally Posted By: MemberD
More blogging and some nice pics here . .especially of Hannah

Version Crazy

Oh! That's my blog... Odd to see it mentioned here! I only posted a few of the better pics, there are others. Couldn't get any clear shots of Benge where I was stood. There are some quite comical ones where it looks as if Hannah Peel has a miniature 'Benge head' stuck on top of her keyboard! Anyway... thoroughly enjoyed both shows and for the support slots I found Tara Busch to be most enjoyable, not sure how I'd categorise her sound, but I really liked it a lot and swiftly made my way to the merch table pretty sharpish afterwards and handed over some folding stuff for a copy of her CD.

Well thanks again glimmer. (OT: Great blog - it was thru your post last year that I discovered that OMITD CD reissue with the original sleeve reproduction.)

Would like to see some of those mini 'Benge-head pics!

Administrator
Administrator
Not just XOYO, but an overview of the tour, the band and some thoughts

Extensive new interview:

http://www.electricity-club.co.uk/html/foxxtour.html

Last edited by Birdsong; 11/15/11 02:07 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Another blogger:

Doin' The Maths

Foxx blogs turning up all over the place!

I notice he mentions the absence of any Foxx/Gordon tracks.

After the York show, I asked John about this, and he said that he really wanted to keep The Maths a totally separate thing from his work with Louis (whom he said he intends to work with again, in case anybody was wondering, as I was). Also I would imagine Louis being a bit unhappy at having John perform their songs without him - logically.

But the absence of any 95-06 material in the set proved just how well the Maths material integrates and gels perfectly with the Ultravox and Metamatic era tracks - in just the same way as the Foxx/Gordon tracks do.

Has anybody heard anything at all about the release of the Live DVD, it would be nice to add that to my Christmas wish list!

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Gary Hunter
Has anybody heard anything at all about the release of the Live DVD, it would be nice to add that to my Christmas wish list!

I'm afraid that there's nothing new to report at the moment - it's still being worked upon.
I will post the track-listing and release date just as soon as everything's been confirmed.

Rob

Thanks for the update Rob, I'm sure it will be worth the wait

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Originally Posted By: Gary Hunter

I'm afraid that there's nothing new to report at the moment - it's still being worked upon.
I will post the track-listing and release date just as soon as everything's been confirmed.

Rob

@Gary: it will ;-)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.