Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 753 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 752 753
M
M
Carl Cox - F.A.C.T. (Silver Edition)

Possible album of the year contender:

VON SUDENFED - Tromatic Reflexxions.

This is an absolute must have. Every track a gem. Brilliant arrangements, superb use of beats. The synths sound really raw & dirty & Mark E. Smith's on top form. He even sings about Sven Vath on the track Flooded.

Favourite track is The Young The Faceless And The Codes.

This is gonna get repeated listening for a while

Just rediscovering a great Peter Gabriel demo track from 1980 - "Don't Know How to Stop" which later became "No Self-Control"...

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:

Bosse

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.... Gorgeous cover too. Is it Audrey Hepburn?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Chris but I don't think it is. Eyes seem both smaller and not as dark. But my motto is "I've been wrong before I can be wrong again."

It was Audrey Hepburn on:

http://www.discogs.com/release/523050

Something Good , the only single lifted from the Chain album arrived today. It´s one of those 3" CD singles! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The cover artwork has the same photo as Chain but on a smaller scale. It then has written below it:

potrait of audrey hepburn
by angus mcbean, london c.1951

Great track too!

Also being playing some live music from Wolfsheim and Depeche Mode, Hamburg Rom and 101 respectively.

Chris C wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Something Good , the only single lifted from the Chain album arrived today. It´s one of those 3" CD singles!
Great track too!
yeah ... & i'm lucky enough to have the rather rare 12" vinyl version of it with the extended mix on it , which i usually play back to back with luxuria's "redneck" 12" & the armoury show's "love in anger" 12" ! :-)

3 of those 12" singles that will always be in my all time favorite list ! ;-)

cheers ! :-)

Just got a set of 17 (read: seventeen)DAVID SYLVIAN albums in digital format(s) from a friend .. some old some new, but all sublime.
I think they'll accompany me through the summer, just to get ready for the gigs in September.

Garbage - 'Beautiful' smile

wu-tang clan - enter the wu-tang: 36 chambers

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Radio Beach

This is what I wrote about Cluster earlier on this thread:

Quote:
... Then came some aural torture in the form of industrial music as performed by Kluster. They may have been the guys who invented Industrial Music but it´s certainly not for me. Even Cluster 71 and Cluster 11 are in the same vein. I´d only rescue a track from the latter "Im Suden". Then came Zuckerzeit to my amazement. This is a great album and one which ranks alongside Autobahn and Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy as the electronic albums of 1974. The unfortunate thing is that Cluster´s pioneering synth pop only lasted one album. Their next releases were very good ie Sowieoso, Cluster & Eno, After The Heat and Grosses Wasser. Not too sure about the track from After The Heat "Broken Head" as featured on Rusty´s playlist. Their 1981 release, Curiosum, was going back to their industrial days, a real shame. Begegnungen and Begegnungen II are interesting compilations involving Conny Plank. Conny Plank was their engineer even during the Kluster days ! Conny was also involved in the production at some point.
I find Neu! 75/La Dusseldorf more important to me. Their highly influential music and a number of gems can be found on the following. I´ll list my favourite tracks on each:

Neu! 75: Isi; E-Musik
La Dusseldorf: Silver Cloud; Zeit
Viva: Viva; Rheinita; Geld; Cha Cha 2000
Individuellos: Dampfreimen, Ich Liebe Dich, Koksknodel
Neu! 4: Schone Welle; Wave Naturelle; Quick Wave Machinelle
(these 3 tracks are different recordings of the same track but love them all!)

Neu! 75, La Dusseldorf and Viva are their classic albums. Rheinita was their biggest hit and Silver Cloud a close second. Both magical instrumentals. Hero and After Eight from Neu! 75 and La Dusseldorf from La Dusseldorf being punk favourites.

An article on Klaus Dinger with his comments on various matters:

http://www.dingerland.de/About/neu.html

Excerpt from an article [taken from "Melody Maker" '79] where David Bowie mentions la Düsseldorf as music being close to his heart...

http://www.dingerland.de/About/bowie.html

More on the making of Neu! 75 etc and how his break up with Anita, his Swedish girlfriend, marked him for the better ie musically. Klaus went on a songwriting trip and made New Wave history! ie Neu! 75 and so on.

http://www.dingerland.de/Talks/pop_int.html

Enjoy!
Chris C wink

Peter Gabriel "Burn You Up, Burn You Down"... one of those fantastic songs that should have been massive...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Peter Gabriel "Burn You Up, Burn You Down"... one of those fantastic songs that should have been massive...
Hi Alex,

Which album is that from.I've never heard it confused

Page 64 of 753 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.