Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 753 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
NEU!-NEU! Wonderfullly simplistic experiments, complete with sexy drumming on Hallogallo.
Ahhhhhhhh! I love Neu! Superb band. Being a Neu! fan I also bought 'Viva!' by La Düsseldorf a few years back...oh dear - not good.

Does anyone own any of the Cluster/Eno albums? ('Cluster & Eno', 'After the Heat', 'Begegnungen' and 'Begegnungen II' )
Can anyone recommend a place to start?

Today I'm listening to 'The Garden' and for some reason today 'Nightsuit' got a few extra plays.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] NEU!
La Düsseldorf [/b]
Few years ago I found La Düsseldorf's LP La Düsseldorf (containing the unforgettable hits Düsseldorf and La Düsseldorf, plus some minutes other titles laugh ) for fifty cents on a fleamarket. Well, it is better than Kraftwerk's first three albums.

Not listening to player today. Just Turdus merula behind the window wink

The new Gary Numan Complete BBC session thing - listened to it this morning while stuck in the traffic.
I suppose he was coming up around the same time as John with Ultravox (similarities no doubt already dicussed elsewhere on forum). Early stuff still sounds good.

The Complete Peel Sessions is a good CD.

Although there's nothing 'new' for me, it's nice to hear those early recordings, capturing Gary at the height of his rise to stardom, breaking out of all conventions of the time and providing us with a first hand live rendition of that classic sound.

Despite the odd timing mishap, I think it's a good couple of performances – back is in the days before computers and DAT tapes did all the work. These recordings also showcas Gary's skill and confidence as a performer at such a young age.

M
M
Quote:
Quote:
[b] NEU!-NEU! Wonderfullly simplistic experiments, complete with sexy drumming on Hallogallo.
Ahhhhhhhh! I love Neu! Superb band. Being a Neu! fan I also bought 'Viva!' by La Düsseldorf a few years back...oh dear - not good.

Does anyone own any of the Cluster/Eno albums? ('Cluster & Eno', 'After the Heat', 'Begegnungen' and 'Begegnungen II' )

Today I'm listening to 'The Garden' and for some reason today 'Nightsuit' got a few extra plays. [/b]
I knew you'd be a Neu! fan, Garry.

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] NEU!-NEU! Wonderfullly simplistic experiments, complete with sexy drumming on Hallogallo.

Today I'm listening to 'The Garden' and for some reason today 'Nightsuit' got a few extra plays. [/b]
I knew you'd be a Neu! fan, Garry. [/b]
I neu you neu I'd be a Neu! fan Ilektrik!

T
T
Today it's been:

New Musik - various tracks from Anywhere and Warp, and

Ultravox! - Ultravox!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm currently listening to the by now finished new recordings for my own experimental music project THE SOURCE OF TIME called "from deep within" ... ;-)

fyi : http://www.myspace.com/thesourceoftime

"from deep within" will be added to the player there , when it's completely arranged , mixed & mastered sometime in june - hopefully ! ;-)

The Archive
The Archive
A while ago a friend gave me a copy on DVD of the film / documentary about the artist Andy Goldsworthy entitled Rivers and Tides. Anyhow, I managed to pick up a copy of its Soundtrack by Fred Frith and that's what I'm listening to at the moment...

Rob

Ultravox Rare 1 and 2

Page 63 of 753 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.