Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Originally Posted By: NerveJam
Townsend have just mailed me about John's XOYO shows, and included a link to the Gazelle Twins Remix of "A falling Star".

Sounds vaguely like an orchestra tuning up in the basement.

Ha, you've made me laugh there NerveJam! At the risk of opening up the 'ones mans music is another mans murder' debate I have to say that I really love this remix.

http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article/gaz...sive-remix-here

I'm a bit peeved that its 'exclusive' and not available on the 2000 copies of the Shape Of Things bonus disc, and why exactly not Mr Management? Lets spread this type of long-haired experimentalism wider and not just keep it for the 75 cool kids in their beatnik poetry club houses!

Harumph!

C
C
New post.

Not a completist myself and dont feel any need to have all things, but I know that many are on here, and not all with opportunity, so I think blatant encouragement for elitist cashing-in is surely a tad questionable, quote from artrocker:

"Put all that together and the EBAY value alone of 'A Falling Star' and you've got - an investment for a rainy day!"

Even bigger Harumph!!!

I'm sort of getting the impression that they are having problems shifting all of the platinum tickets.

C
C
Its not clear to me from various googled links leading to Townsend's website just what is available. I thought a while back that the VIP tickets were sold out for one of the nights. Either way the chance of a rare signed CD will certainly stoke up interest.

Originally Posted By: core memory
Originally Posted By: NerveJam
Townsend have just mailed me about John's XOYO shows, and included a link to the Gazelle Twins Remix of "A falling Star".

Sounds vaguely like an orchestra tuning up in the basement.

Ha, you've made me laugh there NerveJam! At the risk of opening up the 'ones mans music is another mans murder' debate I have to say that I really love this remix.

http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article/gaz...sive-remix-here

I'm a bit peeved that its 'exclusive' and not available on the 2000 copies of the Shape Of Things bonus disc, and why exactly not Mr Management? Lets spread this type of long-haired experimentalism wider and not just keep it for the 75 cool kids in their beatnik poetry club houses!

Harumph!

If you want it, just record it using Audacity, straight from the web..

If you're using Firefox, any downloader add-on should be able to grab the sound file. Only problem is, you're getting a 128kbps version, which is less than CD quality.

The Archive
The Archive
A new interview - this time with both John Foxx and Gary Numan (filmed at The Garden Studio) has just been posted on the Artrocker website...

Rob

C
C
Really enjoyed the Kevin Sampson interview, many aspects within it that ring true.

Love the line from Alessandro Adriani in reference to the original video for He's A Liquid - though personally I'd like to see a whole movie where the plot is the "Fluidity of human relationships and a Japanese horror film creating the life blood" for a fantastic musical score by John & Co'

Is the Soft Moon tribute online?

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: core memory
Is the Soft Moon tribute online?

Yes, here's the link...

Rob

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
A new interview - this time with both John Foxx and Gary Numan (filmed at The Garden Studio) has just been posted on the Artrocker website...

Rob

An interesting few minutes or so of JF & GN talking about *Gary Numan*... and Gary Numan only. Oddly, it's all done over a soundtrack of John's music. Why doesn't Numan say anything good or nice about John and his music?

Waste of time.

*Interesting* camera work; we get to see a lot of Numan's knees.

John wrote Numan a letter?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.