Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#41121 09/19/11 09:22 AM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, they kept this quiet!

(From Twitter) A short clip of a track from the new John Foxx & The Maths album which they finished on Friday.

Link

Apparently the track we hear is called "Unrecognised".

Exciting! And there was I wondering if there might be an EP for the tour... I wonder if there will be a new album instead?! Though being next month, I doubt it could come out that fast.

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Alex S

Yeah... wink

(From Twitter) A short clip of a track from the new John Foxx & The Maths album which they finished on Friday.

Link

Apparently the track we hear is called "Unrecognised".

And it really doesn't do the track justice...

Exciting! And there was I wondering if there might be an EP for the tour... I wonder if there will be a new album instead?! Though being next month, I doubt it could come out that fast.

Everyone's been working VERY hard...

Rob

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow! I almost combusted with glee when I saw that last night.

What exciting times these are!

..is that the album they finished on Friday or the track?

Blimey I wasn't expecting that, liked the brief clip.

When is it likely to be out the album?

According to info on Artrocker the new album will be called The Shape of Things, and it will be a limited edition due out in October 2011. It will only be available either online from www.johnfoxxandthemaths.com or on the Interplay tour.

Excellent news.

MikeG #41160 09/22/11 07:13 AM
Originally Posted By: MikeG
According to info on Artrocker the new album will be called The Shape of Things, and it will be a limited edition due out in October 2011. It will only be available either online from www.johnfoxxandthemaths.com or on the Interplay tour.

<faints>

What I find interesting is that is it going to be a limited edition. For John that usually means 1000 copies. I got the impression Interplay sold pretty well, so why would the follow up be limited in any way? Does this indicate it may not have the same broad appeal? confused

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
...maybe they just thought 'why make an EP for the tour when you can make an album'!

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Can't say I'm that keen on "Talk" though... sounds like a rough demo. Maybe it'll be a grower, and it'll also depend on it's placing and context within the album.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.