Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

Disc Two
03. Where You End And I Begin (featuring Tara Busch)
04. Summerland (Belbury Poly Mix)
08. Evergreen (Xeno & Oaklander Mix)
Rob

Wow, 2 disc set, what a great bonus to take away from the gig, I can't wait!

S
S
Yes. Very excited. Glad to see "September Town" included. The best track they've done so far in my opinion though it wouldn't have fitted in with "Interplay". Still the best album of the year so far.

Yes Rob,

I think we are all excited cool
Something for himself to sign at Leamington grin

Brian

Administrator
Administrator
Isn't "Buddwing" just the best title EVER??

Aside from all the new material, I'm especially looking forward to the Xeno & Oaklander remix thingummie-sausage

Super stuff. Go, John laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
J
J
This is very exciting news.

"Where You End And I Begin" - is that some sort of Radiohead reinterpretation? Or just a coincidence. Either way, I'd be keen to hear John do Radiohead...

And how limited are we talking with this album? Living in Australia, I've got no chance to get my hands on it at the gigs in the UK, will it also be released through Townsend?

jhoward - on Artrocker TV they told us you can order this CD via www.johnfoxxandthemaths.com too in October. But you should do it as soon as possible 'cause it's a limited edition.

VERY!!! Exciting news! I will grab my copy on 25th at XOYO.

Personally I don't see the point of the 'exclusive tour release' idea .. is it supposed to get you to want to go to a concert just so you can get the CD? Are you only considered worthy of it if you go to a concert?
Anyway, exciting stuff and look forward to a darker, dirtier Interplay, plus all the extras. Interplay has taken us through the spring and summer, the sister album will take us into the darker months.
I get the feeling we won't get any more JF&M for a long time, so carpe diem! But if they wish to prove me wrong...

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess anyone order the CD via the website -I suppose it coming out the same year as the debut album should be considered a bonus.

Personally I miss Louis Gordon. I hope the two will collaborate again some time soon.

N
N
Rather looking forward to another 'The Maths' release,

For me, Interplay is a summer sort of an album, partly due to the warm depth of the songs and also due to my own contextualisation of them through heavy play during the warmer months, what with longer nights and colder weather drawing in it doesn't quite have the same significance, however I suspect I will listen to it just as much,

but with the news that this new album is going to be 'harsher and rougher around the edges' I can't help but feel that this will suit the approaching winter months just perfectly...

Administrator
Administrator
I agree with that Chris.

I know it 'makes a chage' from what us long-term fans are used to, but there's something refreshing about a follow-up album recorded so quickly. Just like the old days!

In this way, I rather hope there's some urgency and roughness in The Shape Of Things. A certain lack of polish, a few untied ends and a healthy lack of perfection - that would seem more than appropriate

Last edited by Birdsong; 09/23/11 07:13 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.