Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Administrator
Administrator
I didn't realise that either. Good question.

Given the success of Interplay, one would expect any follow-up to be 'widely available'...

I daresay more news will come as the release date approaches

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Where did you hear the track "Talk" Alex?

Originally Posted By: Alex S
Can't say I'm that keen on "Talk" though... sounds like a rough demo. Maybe it'll be a grower, and it'll also depend on it's placing and context within the album.

Found it Alex.

A strange one this, not enough going on in the track for me.

Administrator
Administrator
There's a link to the 'TALK' preview in the News thread on ArtrockerTV.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
I was also stunned by the news of a new Maths album, immediate thoughts were that perhaps its too much too soon after Interplay this year and its high standard, but then again, the momentum is good and with the tour around the corner so then why not go for it.

Talk sounds not unike an early work in progress version of Shatterproof. As a track this can't be the finished item surely? there's got to be more to it, more? More please Sir, said Oliver!

I can’t believe how quickly John & The Maths have come out with a second album. The dust only just seems to have settled on Interplay! Even more incredible (bearing in mind the album was finished “last Friday”) is the intention to make the album available on the Interplay tour. That’s only 3 weeks away!

If that was not enough, I notice that the album will be released “along with a bonus CD of remixes” (according to the blog on johnfoxxandthemaths.com.).

Amazing!!

Last edited by MikeG; 09/22/11 11:56 AM.
Actually I'm not that surprised about the new album.

After all most of the tracks from Interplay were in existence by June 2010 at the Roundhouse gig.

Talk sounds really Dark.

Like Core says it sounds very related to Shatterproof but more experimental.

Only just had a proper listen.

Massive Bass sound in there.I like. grin

Brian

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I like the idea of having an exclusive release for the tour - reminds me of the Exotour days! Plus it keeps the Maths momentum up, following the success of Interplay.

Administrator
Administrator
I like this track too now I've played it a few times. As Brian says, it does seem really dark compared with material on Interplay.

It's delivered with quite a sinister, threatening tone that works well with the interjections of static and crackle that acually made me jump!

The Archive
The Archive
The track listing for the forthcoming album The Shape Of Things is as follows...

Disc One
01. Spirus
02. Rear-View Mirror
03. Talk
04. Psytron
05. September Town
06. Unrecognised
07. Modreno
08. Falling Away
09. Invisible Ray
10. Vapour Trails
11. Buddwing
12. Tides
13. Astoria
14. The Shadow Of His Former Self

Disc Two
01. Evergreen (Radio Mix)
02. Shatterproof (Wrangler Mix)
03. Where You End And I Begin (featuring Tara Busch)
04. Summerland (Belbury Poly Mix)
05. The Good Shadow (Tim 'Love' Lee Mix)
06. Watching A Building On Fire (Grayed Out Mix)
07. Interplay (Grayed Out Mix)
08. Evergreen (Xeno & Oaklander Mix)

Are we excited yet? grin

Rob

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.