Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 688 of 753 1 2 686 687 688 689 690 752 753
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Tonight, I've been listening to the excellent Music For... radio shows presented by Martyn Ware and Glenn Gregory...

http://www.ditto.tv/radio/musicfor.html

Very highly recommended... grin

Rob

Agree with you Rob an excellent series of shows, 3rd show now available.

C
C
Prompted by a feature in the Mojo Pink Floyd special edition I've been inspired to check out the Psychedelic Rock Sound of Shin Joong Hyun: Beautiful Rivers And Mountains -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwhj7vlj76Y

OMD Live In Berlin CD, really excellent!

H
H
I've recently discovered a band called Epic45 who have a lovely album out called "Weathering" at the moment. Their press release sums it up neatly thus;

"There is a long tradition of pastoral music capturing a quintessential Englishness, running from Vaughan Williams through the English folk tradition to more recent names like Robert Wyatt and Talk Talk. Further down this line you’ll find Epic45.”

Have a listen to the stand out track here;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFeaAWBzt4

David Bowie's 1.Outside. Again.

G
G
Originally Posted By: Alex S

I rate 1.Outside as his best album.... well it's certainly my favourite Bowie album... closely followed by Earthling...

S
S
Originally Posted By: Graham73

I rate 1.Outside as his best album.... well it's certainly my favourite Bowie album... closely followed by Earthling...

I'm afraid to say I haven't heard these albums yet. None in fact since Black Tie White Noise with the exception of the odd single. They keep getting mentioned here especially by Alex. I think a trip to the shops is in store this weekend.

G
G
Originally Posted By: Scott
Originally Posted By: Graham73

I'm afraid to say I haven't heard these albums yet. None in fact since Black Tie White Noise with the exception of the odd single. They keep getting mentioned here especially by Alex. I think a trip to the shops is in store this weekend.

I think you might be impressed Scott. I'd have a wee look on Amazon if I were you as they're both currently going for about 4 quid each... smile

T
T
Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot
I've recently discovered a band called Epic45 who have a lovely album out called "Weathering" at the moment. Their press release sums it up neatly thus;

"There is a long tradition of pastoral music capturing a quintessential Englishness, running from Vaughan Williams through the English folk tradition to more recent names like Robert Wyatt and Talk Talk. Further down this line you’ll find Epic45.”

Have a listen to the stand out track here;

Me too. I haven't actually played anything yet but I really like the artwork and anything that mentions Talk Talk gets my attention immediately! Some of their CDs seem to be limited/rare/expensive but downloads are available at normal prices.

C
C
Originally Posted By: the church puddle
Winterlight "Hope Dies Last". This is such a beautiful record. Ulrich Schnauss fans would appreciate. Perfect for summer days, ironically.

Cheers Church Puddle, will be investigating this album, and right now listening online to and liking Your Wings Make You Fly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qWxdh7Hm7c

Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot

Thanks for posting Herbert, I really enjoyed the track, so much so I've forwarded the link to a friend. The suggestion of a popular/alternative music with an elusive 'Englishness' conjuring up a faraway avenue of a pastoral land has captured my imagination since my youth, its an ideal that really strikes an emotional chord, not sure why its so potent, seeing as I'm Scottish, and nor was I exposed much to either classical or folk music while growing up, but in that passage from youth to adulthood John's Garden album was entirely to blame for consolidating forever a deep-rooted feeling for some lost green place.

Came back on a long distance bus journey last night and treated myself to a listen of the new Wooden Shjips album West, no secret that I'm a huge fan of both this band and mainman Ripley Johnson and his other band Moon Duo, and West is another winner for me. Was posting a youtube link to a friend and I spotted an amusing comment below the video by someone called 'cubangigolo' -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MVqfii6Fhc

quote:- "alt-country garage rock with a hint of John Foxx" !!!

hey, I want to meet this cubangigolo!

Page 688 of 753 1 2 686 687 688 689 690 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.