Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
It is with deep sadness that my dear friend Graeme has passed away on Wed 3rd August shortly after 2am. I do not know the cause of Greame's death at this time as I have been on holiday without internet access.

I have pasted below what I have written on the Bill Nelson 'Dreamsville Inn' forum.

I have been away on holiday since the end of July without internet access & was deeply shocked to hear of Graeme’s passing, when I came back home today.

When I hear of a friend or relative dying I find it very hard to express the right words that convey what I feel. I really do not know what to say. So, what I will say is that he was a very intelligent, very funny, & very loveable man & he will be missed inifinitely.

Before I went on holiday I listened to our album 'Incense And Gifts Of Sacred Science' that we recorded as Ilektrik In The Afterlife. I was reminded that not only is it a good album, but we recorded it without meeting face to face. The first time we met was at Nelsonica 03 where we presented it to Bill Nelson housed in a shed built by Graeme's Dad from lollypop sticks.

Graeme had a unique style in the way he approached music making & without his contibution 'Incense & Gifts...' wouldn't sound as good as it does. He really enhanced my tracks more than I could have imagined.

We only met three times. Twice at Nelsonica & once at the Harold Budd concert in Brighton. Graeme met me at Brighton train station, & we hung about visiting the Doctor Who exhibition & sitting on the beach, near the pier, listening to each others recently finished music on our mp3 players as the waves lapped the shore. That holds a very special moment for me.

I really don't know what else to say. So here is a link to the Ilektrik In The Afterlife Soundclick page, which has the very first track we recorded together 'The Autumn Clock' & the last called 'The Starry Lamp Of Wonderment' which I dedicate to Graeme forever.

The Starry Lamp Of Wonderment
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=97289&songID=1372808

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=97289

Love & Beautiful Beaming Comets, G.

Mark xx

Last edited by Mr.Ilektrik; 08/23/11 09:50 PM.
RIP Graeme Stringy Bob frown

This is tragic news. A regular poster here who will be missed. frown

Administrator
Administrator
Indeed. What sad and tragic news! Graeme was a keen advocate of my birding challenge too, and we exchange lots of emails etc outside of this forum. I have been away too and posted here remotely - now I understand why my recent correspondence with "Bob" has not been answered.

Heartfelt sympathy and prayers to all Graeme's family and close friends.
You have our best wishes

Mx

Last edited by Birdsong; 08/24/11 09:56 AM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
The Archive
I'm very saddened to hear about Graeme.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Rob

Very sad news. Sincere condolences to family and friends.

T
T
I'm also very sad to hear about Graeme - he will definitely be missed. RIP

C
C
Really stunned to read this about Graeme on here yesterday when I checked the forum, and it has been on my mind a lot since, its amazing how you can feel that you know some fragment of a person whom you've only ever experienced via their impressionable posts on here. I had noticed that a few members hadn't commented in the forum for a little while, 'Stringy Bob' being one of our regulars that I was hoping to read from again on here, it is very sad to know that his voice is now at peace.

Very sad news indeed my condolences to his family and those that knew him.

Just listening to "Starry Lamp Of Wonderment" what a moving piece of music.

Sad to hear about it.
RIP Graeme.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.