Metamatic
Posted By: Mr.Ilektrik Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/23/11 09:33 PM
It is with deep sadness that my dear friend Graeme has passed away on Wed 3rd August shortly after 2am. I do not know the cause of Greame's death at this time as I have been on holiday without internet access.

I have pasted below what I have written on the Bill Nelson 'Dreamsville Inn' forum.

I have been away on holiday since the end of July without internet access & was deeply shocked to hear of Graeme’s passing, when I came back home today.

When I hear of a friend or relative dying I find it very hard to express the right words that convey what I feel. I really do not know what to say. So, what I will say is that he was a very intelligent, very funny, & very loveable man & he will be missed inifinitely.

Before I went on holiday I listened to our album 'Incense And Gifts Of Sacred Science' that we recorded as Ilektrik In The Afterlife. I was reminded that not only is it a good album, but we recorded it without meeting face to face. The first time we met was at Nelsonica 03 where we presented it to Bill Nelson housed in a shed built by Graeme's Dad from lollypop sticks.

Graeme had a unique style in the way he approached music making & without his contibution 'Incense & Gifts...' wouldn't sound as good as it does. He really enhanced my tracks more than I could have imagined.

We only met three times. Twice at Nelsonica & once at the Harold Budd concert in Brighton. Graeme met me at Brighton train station, & we hung about visiting the Doctor Who exhibition & sitting on the beach, near the pier, listening to each others recently finished music on our mp3 players as the waves lapped the shore. That holds a very special moment for me.

I really don't know what else to say. So here is a link to the Ilektrik In The Afterlife Soundclick page, which has the very first track we recorded together 'The Autumn Clock' & the last called 'The Starry Lamp Of Wonderment' which I dedicate to Graeme forever.

The Starry Lamp Of Wonderment
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=97289&songID=1372808

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=97289

Love & Beautiful Beaming Comets, G.

Mark xx
Posted By: Brian Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/23/11 09:50 PM
RIP Graeme Stringy Bob frown
Posted By: Alex S Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/24/11 09:04 AM
This is tragic news. A regular poster here who will be missed. frown
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/24/11 09:56 AM
Indeed. What sad and tragic news! Graeme was a keen advocate of my birding challenge too, and we exchange lots of emails etc outside of this forum. I have been away too and posted here remotely - now I understand why my recent correspondence with "Bob" has not been answered.

Heartfelt sympathy and prayers to all Graeme's family and close friends.
You have our best wishes

Mx
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/24/11 11:45 AM
I'm very saddened to hear about Graeme.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Rob
Posted By: MemberD Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/24/11 12:26 PM
Very sad news. Sincere condolences to family and friends.
Posted By: the church puddle Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/24/11 05:24 PM
I'm also very sad to hear about Graeme - he will definitely be missed. RIP
Posted By: core memory Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/25/11 02:05 PM
Really stunned to read this about Graeme on here yesterday when I checked the forum, and it has been on my mind a lot since, its amazing how you can feel that you know some fragment of a person whom you've only ever experienced via their impressionable posts on here. I had noticed that a few members hadn't commented in the forum for a little while, 'Stringy Bob' being one of our regulars that I was hoping to read from again on here, it is very sad to know that his voice is now at peace.
Posted By: Gary Hunter Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/26/11 08:15 AM
Very sad news indeed my condolences to his family and those that knew him.

Just listening to "Starry Lamp Of Wonderment" what a moving piece of music.
Posted By: Shadow Man Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 08/28/11 11:38 AM
Sad to hear about it.
RIP Graeme.
Posted By: RadioBeach Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 10/11/11 11:26 AM
I've not been on the forum for quite some time, so did not know of Graeme's passing until Ivan told me at the weekend.

This is such a sad loss - I never met Graeme, but I will miss his posts, his music and his sense of humour. My thoughts and sympathy go to his family. Rest in Peace Graeme.

Posted By: Ivan Basso Re: Graeme Cammack aka Stringy Bob - 10/11/11 12:05 PM
I second what Garry says and convey belated condolences
© Metamatic