Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 753 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 752 753
Gettaway! Scooch (or should that be Air Scoochia?) were brilliant.

The reason they got almost no votes was purely political, as per usual.

The Soviet bloc just voted for each other as expected, as did the balkans, etc.

The fact that Ireland, who have OFTEN won, came last gives the game away a bit..

Best way to deal with it is to quaff as much alcohol as possible, laugh along with Tel (on excellent form, as usual..), boo at the votes, and sing along with the UK entry.

Scooch were #5 in the UK chart, last time I looked. Bet the winner won't be.

A minor technicality, but I think you'll find Ireland came last in the ESC on Saturday because their song and performance were, with the best will in the world, absolutely s**t. You didn't have to be a member of a Soviet Bloc country to see that. It was so bad, I genuinely thought they were lucky to come last as it merited being asked to leave the building for multiple crimes against music!

I thought Scooch were pretty good, all things considered - a decent enough song but at least ten years too late for seriously competing in this competition. Mind you, fair play to the Serbian lad who won. The song was dreadful, but you could see exactly what it was aiming for and at.

Today, I'm back on Bowling For Soup's excellent 'The Great Burrito Extortion Case' album.

EG
x

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Scooch were #5 in the UK chart, last time I looked. Bet the winner won't be.
well ... england could've sent the beatles to that contest ( if they would still exist ) & they would've lost too , because this contest is NOT about charts success etc. @ all anymore , which almost nobody in the western world actually realised since ruslana won for the ukraine some years ago - d'oh ! ;-o

H Offline
Magazine...

The song from under the floorboards!

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:

Scooch were #5 in the UK chart, last time I looked...
Precisely my point :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Well, with the Eurovision having been and gone, I'm back playing Gary Numan's Jagged.

M
M
And I've been revisiting gary's PURE album. It's been ages since I last played it. Not as good as Jagged, but the seeds of Jagged are definately in there waiting to germinate.

Administrator
Administrator
The in-car entertainment this week is the very wonderful "George Best" by The Wedding Present

Another great lyricist. I love their song titles too. smile

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Today was the cd / dvd set of Within Temptaions's 'mother earth'. Lets just say its nearer to Eurovision than there latest album frown ..

T
T
Three albums played today:

Wire - Chairs Missing

Dalek I Love You - Dalek I Love You. Some cracking bonus tracks on this too.

Marc Almond - Vermin In Ermine.

Page 57 of 753 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.