Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Holmfirth is a very bizarre choice. I wonder if they've even seen a synthesiser there.

A long overdue return to Sheffield would have been very welcome, and I would have thought the new(ish) O2 Academy in the city centre would have been perfect for this tour.

Much better than that broom cupboard in the Leadmill they crammed John and Louis in, back in 2006.

Or even the seldom mentioned art deco Library Theatre.

M
M
I bought tickets for both London shows and booked flights yesterday. Now I need to find an unexpensive place to stay from Monday to Friday that week.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
The new website is now online for the 2011 Unsound Festival Future Shock in Krakow.

John Foxx and The Maths line up against Chris and Cosey on October 15th in a slot entitled
The Engineering Museum : Enclaves Of The Future

http://unsound.pl/en/festival/program/schedule/2011

Promises to be a great night of music. One I'd love to be able to get to. frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

John will be performing classic Ultravox songs and tracks from his new album Interplay when he tours the UK in October

(Hope you don't mind me taking that quote from the MOJO thread Rob)

Can I be a party-pooper and say that I'd rather John and Benge did not perform Any Ultravox tracks but played instead All of the Maths tracks/works and perhaps a few from Johns solo material?

I'll second that to be honest. Although plans are probably well under way, I'm not thatfussed about hearing any old Ultravox tracks played live. A couple would be nice, but I'd rather see Interplay get a good live airing alongside a load of John's solo tracks – there is so much to choose from, out of his discography, it just seems like a shame to focus (again, as per the last few gigs) on UV tracks, when it's the perfect opportunity to perform some of the solo stuff to what's probably fair to say, a wider audience. Especially on a tour of this level, given the media attention and album popularity.

I think 'cause of Mrs. Hannah Peel is playing violin too it would be possible listening to tracks like I want To Be A Machine and Others.

I'm happy with the decision the set list includes new and old songs. I'm sure it will work well. We will see (and hear) in October...

I think I am right in saying John & The Maths have not played any Foxx\Gordon tracks live. So, assuming that continues, and IMW and TGS are ignored, we are left with Interplay, Metamatic, The Garden and early Ultravox. Which is exactly what we got at the last show.

I've no problem with that, although I would hope Interplay would take a starring role this time. We shall see grin

I suppose it'd be unfair on Louis for John to play songs of their albums, without him. Sadly, that's five of his best albums!

So I suspect you're right in that we'll get Maths songs alongside Metamatic, Garden and early UV tracks.

Never mind watching a building on fire ... Foxxy has obviously invested in an alternative occupation, should The Maths tour prove to be less profitable..

John Foxx & Co.

crazy

Haha. What were you doing to find that?! Not sure the whole burning building thing will be a good marketing tactic though...

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.