Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Come Talk To Me and Blood Of Eden are my two favourite tracks from that album so I was interested to see your interpretation of the former. I just can't make that connection between colour and sound. When I got my first synthesizer I was fascinated by the concept of 'white noise' and 'pink noise' but never understood why they were so called. I always wondered if you subtracted white noise from pink noise would you get red noise? I guess Bill Nelson had the same thought at some time or other!

ΤΏΤ

This reminded me more of 'Red Rain'

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL!! I've never tried colour subtraction. I have enough trouble with the numerical kind!!

The Come Talk to Me piece was my personal favourite, and actually the first one I did. If memory serves, the other tracks I attempted illustrating were Mercy Street (that one came out well), San Jacinto, Growing Up, Washing of the Water, Burn You Up, Burn You Down The Tower that Ate People and I Don't Remember.

Maybe I can upload them later...

Last edited by Alex S; 07/13/11 03:46 PM.
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Those of you who know me on Facebook may have seen this, but today I received the exciting news that one of my pieces has been chosen for inclusion at the 'Brave New Worlds' exhibition of utopian and dystopian art, at the Riverside / Orleans house Gallery in Richmond, from 3rd September.

They have chosen my painting Awakening.

And I'm very happy!!!

Congratulations Alex, only wish I could be over there to see it! And well deserved IMHO.

ΤΏΤ

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you smile

Hopefully the first of more! It's probably one of my best pieces, so I'm really pleased, if somewhat surprised.

Brilliant Alex..well done.

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Cheers, MD!

And, just like on Quiet City, I've added various share buttons (though somewhat annoyingly, Google + doesn't seem to be one of them), so please feel free to post to Facebook, blogs or whatever!

B
B
excellent keep up the good work.

C
C
That's grand news about the exhibition Alex. Stay inspired!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.