Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Originally Posted By: John Taylor
Superb venue...

Really? I thought it was too small, too dark and altogether shabby.... frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
That's what I thought of the XOYO too, Martin.

T
T
Really enjoyed the 2 Gigs at XoYo.
Probably my favourite setlist for a long time.

Really liked the lighting and textures work that was going on in particular across John's face throughout...

The sound was great from was I was standing righthand side front on 25th and lefthandside front on 27th.

I've put up some of my clips from the 25th and will put up the rest of those and the clips from the 27th on monday soon as I get a chance...

Here's the link:
www.youtube.com/tokyohunter

I know there's been a few live albums already over the years but I hope one comes out of this tour, especially as the inclusion of Hannah's violin on some of the Metamatic tracks works so well that I'd really like to get an official release quality cd of them. Also He's A Liquid never sounded better, it's now so menacing! The track Interplay is a current personal favourite so was great to here it loud and through air rather than on my headphones for a change. The bass guitar is also a great inclusion to the line up.

Best support act for me over the 2 gigs was Tara , her vocals really come across well live.

The dj set being played before the acts went on I noticed the volume coming from the speakers was really high (too high) where I was standing and did see someone with their fingers over their ears during that set. Luckily by the time John Foxx came on the sound volume was perfect.

Can't wait for the Roundhouse dvd to be released now....

Last edited by Tokyohunter; 10/29/11 02:10 AM.
Just uploaded Running Man from Bristol as well as previous Leamington version.

Compare & Contrast the venue sound between Leamington & Bristol (Full equipment)

Running Man Leamington http://youtu.be/u2oqgB-jmSU

Running Man Bristol http://youtu.be/E2FdhGpIwyc

Hannah is playing more effects & you can hear them clearly.

Sound @ Bristol is boxier.

Leamington is more expansive being a hall.

Brian

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Benge has just posted his photo diary of the tour at his blog - superb selection of candid prints that tell a great story:

http://myblogitsfullofstars.blogspot.com/2011/10/maths-tour-snaps-2011.html

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Saw that earlier - some great shots there. Interesting places.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.