Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 753 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 752 753
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
…Both end in birdsong .
The best things in life often do :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
oh dear ... i better stop posting anything here that anybody could see as a kind of criticism in any way , because i've quite obviously opened "pandora's box" ( which is not on that o.m.d. album btw ;-) here & certain people already start getting @ me for it ! *sigh*

SORRY for being so "unnecessary" critical here , folx ! :-o

well ... as i already wrote before : in the end it's ALL my fault , of course ! :-/

are u happy now !? :-o
Olaf, all you were doing is voicing your opinion & there is nothing wrong with that. So keep posting.

I won't be buying the dvd edition for two reasons.

1. I can't watch OMD live.

2. I'm still waitng for Dazzle Ships, it was supposed to be out last Autumn, so I'm in a sulk!

Quote:

I won't be buying the dvd edition for two reasons.

1. I can't watch OMD live.

2. I'm still waitng for Dazzle Ships, it was supposed to be out last Autumn, so I'm in a sulk! [/QB]
1. close your eyes and just listen to the sound then

2. I agree ! Somebody mentioned a Junk Culture re-issue the other day but we're still waiting for Dazzle so wait your turn JC!

Anyway I haven't bought the A&M thing yet - just waiting til the price goes down - ha!ha!ha!

This very moment I'm listening to Bill Nelson's latest rather splendid release 'Gleaming without lights'. Some very nice guitar, ebow, 'twiddly bits', backwards guitar... and that's just the first 4 tracks laugh

Ordered mine last night. Cant wait to hear it.

just listening to UNCLE MEAT by zappa/mothers, possibly his best album.

Led Zepellin - Kashmir
Gary Numan - Haunted
Sparks - #1 song in Heaven
Laurie Anderson - O Superman
808 State - In your face
Jean Michel Jarre - Calypso
Kraftwerk - Various
Ben Liebrand - Eve of the war

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Kraftwerk - Various
i can't remember that i've ever heard this "song" before !? *hehehe*

;-)

now playing : björk's new album called "volta" ... incl. some bonus mixes ! :-)

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My Collectors´s CD of OMD´s Architecture & Morality arrived yesterday so that should be next on my system. It was the first album of the New Romantic/Synth Pop/Futuristic/New Wave genre that I bought. I have very fond memories of this one so for me it was an effortless decision to buy it. Never saw the Drury Lane concert so that´s a novelty for me.

Went through the Buzzcocks' Product. A sheer rush of adrenalin with Shelley making it oh so romantic! Possibly the most romantic punk band!

Back to Paul Haig's back catalogue. Then Again a collection of rarities in similar vein to the European Sun compilation, with 2 great tracks Time, the b-side of Running Away , and Reach the Top, never previously released, although a cover version of this appears on The Associates' The Glamour Chase.

Paul´s debut solo album Rhythm of Life was produced by the late Alex Sadkin, which includes 2 Josef K re-workings Heaven Sent and Adoration. Too electro-funk for my taste, however it has 2 excellent tracks, the singles Never Give Up (Party Party) and Justice.

Paul's classic album is the 1985 release The Warp of Pure Fun. Produced by Paul and ex- Associates Alan Rankine and includes the excellent Heaven Help You Now and The Only Truth, featuring Bernard Sumner of New Order. I was happy to read that some tracks were recorded at John´s The Garden studios with Richard Whaley engineering.

Currently listening to the soundtrack Songs From The Cool World. All OK until Ministry´s NWO blasts out. eek The rest is too housey for my taste. Worth checking out Brian Eno´s Under.

Chris C wink

Administrator
Administrator
Hijack - Amon Duul 2

and this little gem:-

http://www.thesyn.com/porcupinetree/video/

"Fear of a Blank Planet"

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 53 of 753 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.