Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
On Wednesday the 18th of June, John Foxx will be performing Cathedral Oceans III in the Fellow’s Garden at Durham Castle as part of the Durham Arts Festival.

The press release for this event reads as follows...

From the 14th to the 21st of June, the city of Durham will host the inaugural Durham Arts Festival. An all inclusive program of visual art, film, workshops, lectures, theatre and musical events will provide opportunities for everyone to engage with the arts.

The Durham Arts Festival is a unique project both in its motivations and its management. The project has been brought together by a team of dedicated student volunteers from Durham University, who have managed all aspects of the event from programming and fundraising to marketing and co-ordination.

Exhibitors include: Lee Miller, Quentin Blake, Judith Kerr, Dariush Mehrjui, Martin Firrell and a very special presentation of John Foxx’s Cathedral Oceans III in the Fellow’s Garden of Durham Castle.

Created by pioneering electronic composer John Foxx, Cathedral Oceans III is a multimedia installation that comprises of a series of digitally composed stained glass windows projected directly onto the walls of Durham Castle. The piece comments on the deterioration of sacred spaces and looks to a future reconciled with nature. John will accompany the images with a live soundtrack, evoking the choral traditions of religious society to complete this rich presentation. Framed within the walls of Durham Castle, a Norman castle facing Durham Cathedral and overlooking the River Wear, this stunning use of high tech audio visual equipment in a World Heritage Site will create a sumptuous sensory experience that is bound to be one of the biggest audiovisual events in the North East this summer.

Rob

Wow. I really, really hope I can make it to this - this is one of the things he's always wanted for Cathedral Oceans

Administrator
Administrator
Excellent news!

I'm with Garry.
I can see CO really coming to life in this environment.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Excellent news! I'm with Garry.
I can see CO really coming to life in this environment.
Absolutely... smile

There were plans to perform Cathedral Oceans in Ludlow many years ago, but that (sadly) came to nothing.

Rob

Wow, that all sounds very exciting! What a setting for the gig.

There's a chance I'll be away then - typically. We'll see...

Damn - what a shame. We can't go because we've booked to go to Genoa...

It's all about timing isn't it.

frown

Durham will be a magnificent gig as the cathedral is one of the most stunning buildings in the country. I'm genuinely envious of anyone who gets the opportunity to go.

smile

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:

There were plans to perform [b]Cathedral Oceans
in Ludlow many years ago, but that (sadly) came to nothing.

Rob [/b]
You mean they have come to nothing SO FAR...
Always worth a gentle reminder with a poking stick smile

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
You mean they have come to nothing SO FAR...
Always worth a gentle reminder with a poking stick smile
Quite right - time to do a bit of nudging... wink

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Absolutely... smile

There were plans to perform [b]Cathedral Oceans
in Ludlow many years ago, but that (sadly) came to nothing.

Rob [/b]
I'd def be over for that one in my neck of the woods...

(SUBLIMINAL HINT TO METAMATIC/JOHN'S MANAGEMENT/ANYONE WHO'S LISTENING FOLLOWS)

Is anyone going to film or record this event?

(SUBLIMINAL HINT ENDS)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.