Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 753 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 752 753
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Plenty of Cathedral Oceans this week ie both DVDs

I´m now discovering Paul Haig and Josef K. I´m getting their 80s back catalogue pretty soon. First to arrive is European Sun - Archive Collection 1982-1987 . Guitar based with Alan Rankine on keyboards and production. Interesting stuff.

Trivia - the link between Paul and John Foxx is Isabelle Antena. She appears on both record and video of Sly Stone´s cover of Running Away. Very Belgian and pure 80s pop!

Chris C wink

M
M
Bass Communion - Bass Communion
Magazine - Play
Magazine - Secondhand Daylight
John & Louis - Omnidelic Exotour

Wire Tapper 17 - A great compilation from Wire magazine. I like 9 out of the 10 tracks I've listened to so far. Have to agree with Garry about Von Südenfed track, it's stunningly good, as is the Throbbing Gristle track.

Just paid a visit to Von Sudenfed on Myspace.
Right up my street.

I've just bought the new re-re-issue of 'Architecture & Morality'. Hmmmmm…

First impressions – the artwork has been badly scanned and the minimalist elegance of the original Peter Saville design has been lost on the back under a stack of text – should of got Rob in considering the good job he did on re-doing Saville’s ‘Lament’ artwork!

The copyright on the CD is 2003 – so IS the re-master that came out then, minus the Copy Protected stuff, which was also quietly phased out last year. Not checked out the DVD yet (5 - All Regions). The sleeve notes are by McCluskey, Humphries and Paul Morley.

Got my copy of the omd cd/dvd this afternoon. Havent watched or listened to it but im sure it will be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I've just bought the new re-re-issue of 'Architecture & Morality'. Hmmmmm…
the only real reason to buy it is the dvd with the 3 promo / totp videos as bonus , as the cd is actually identical with the 2003 edition of it & the new booklet only contains a few more liner notes ...

i would've actually preferred to ONLY buy the dvd instead , as i already have the same cd ( except the new booklet , of course ) !

well ... virgin is jus' milkin' the fans & especially the collectors again , so ... "business as usual" ! :-/

I would have prefered just the dvd and not the album as i already have it. But i suppose in a way it may be a bit of a collectors item. Very much looking forward to watching the dury lane dvd though which was hard to find on video.

Live From A Room (As Big As A City) this morning...

Oxygène

Good choice, sir!

Page 51 of 753 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.