Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 753 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 752 753
In-car had been a cdr of "Crash and burn" with the ep added smile

Right now as i type,a gift from a freind, a little band called yen and a cdr of their 12" and rare mixes laugh

In-car had been a cdr of "Crash and burn" with the ep added smile

Right now as i type,a gift from a freind, a little band called yen and a cdr of their 12" and rare mixes laugh

I'm listening to a shedload of JF at the mo;

Metamatic,
Crash and Burn,
From Trash,
Cathedral Oceans I thru' III
Tiny Colour Movies (Oh, the Joys of rediscovering the music of your youth smile

I'm also listening to the wonderful 'Un Jour Parfait' by JJ Burnel. The majority of the tracks are in French, but it doesn't really matter. It's gorgeous, great vocals and wonderful keyboards on most tracks by Dave Greenfield. Need I say more more.

I've also managed to listen to 'Volk' by Laibach. Very different to their recent forays into heavy, 'totalitarian' electronic beats. Have they gone sentimental after over 25 years?

Finally, I got off my backside and purchased the new and vastly improved remastered 'Getting the Holy Ghost Across' by Bill Nelson. My tape version has worn out completely and I really thought I'd never hear this 80's classic ever again laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:

This week I'm listening to 'Part Two - The Endless Not' the new album by Throbbing Gristle. After a cursory few listens the standout tracks so far are 'Rabbit Snare', 'Almost A Kiss', 'Separated', 'The Endless Not' and 'After the Fall' - but more layers unveil themselves the more I play it. I was expecting to be slightly underwhelmed by it, but not at all. A brilliant album.
Unbelievable. laugh

Seems to be everything I was hoping for.
Still a major force, I reckon.
Super stuff

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
As I've said before I hardly albums anymore. So it usually becomes a mix ofNew/Old Stuff

23 by Blond Redhead (great mix of what it would sound like if Cocteau Twinsof the mid 80's and Simple Minds round 79-81 would get a catchy tune together.)

Back To Nature by Fad Gadget

Heart of Hearts by !!! (What a name)

Stay by Small Sins (great pop tune... well pop in a classic sense not like Backstreet Boys/Brittney)

I Feel Love by Depeche Mode (musically that song is an absolute tribute to Johns work, the synthline is both sound wise and in melody almost stolenb from Burning Car.)

Break by Cinamatics

International Dateline by Ladytron

Welcome Home, Son by Radical Face (Beautiful song You should all get it)

I played Underpass, Slow Motion and Young Savage to my fifteen year old daughter. Those are good she said. She likes the knife and said that she could hear that they have been influenced by Johns Metamatic album. Young Savage sounded like could have been made of a lot of bands today and Slow Motion she just liked.

Now I'm going to listen to some drumtrax i Cubase because I have to mix and that can be dead boring at times.

Bosse

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]

This week I'm listening to 'Part Two - The Endless Not' the new album by Throbbing Gristle. After a cursory few listens the standout tracks so far are 'Rabbit Snare', 'Almost A Kiss', 'Separated', 'The Endless Not' and 'After the Fall' - but more layers unveil themselves the more I play it. I was expecting to be slightly underwhelmed by it, but not at all. A brilliant album.
Unbelievable. laugh

Seems to be everything I was hoping for.
Still a major force, I reckon.
Super stuff [/b]
It just gets better and better on every play!

The sun is out, the sky is blue, so one of the perfect summer albums of all time got an airing this weekend; 'Junk Culture' by OMD laugh

This morning, some guy called John Foxx wink

Me too!

Got the new PC since the last one 'stopped' and have spent two days loading the ipod again :rolleyes: Needless to say all things Foxx went in first smile ..

Depeche Mode: Playing the Angel..

Crash and Burn for me today!

In the car, very loud, waking up a village that I pass though every day on the way to work!

Got a few strange looks from a lovely herd of cattle too when Ultraviolet/Infrared blasted past their field!

Sarah B laugh

Page 46 of 753 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.