Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 753 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 752 753
The demo song on Reason 3.0 eek mad eek

As soon as I read the manual, I hope I can come up with something better!

T
T
A couple of reflective instrumental guitar-based albums last night, the sort of music that to me often really comes alive late at night:

The Return Of The Durutti Column - The Durutti Column.

Dreamland To Starboard - Bill Nelson.

M
M
Tyrannosaurus Rex - Unicorn
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
John Foxx - The Garden
Ilektrik In The Afterlife - The Autumn Clock
The Muse Of Karm Shenon - Muzlimzen (a track I recorded for a Muslimgauze fan project. The track contains Muslimgauze samples, plus the odd synth noise) The track is on the web somewhere...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MARSHEAUX ! ;-)

if u like ladytron , client , fischerspooner & stuff like that , u'll simply LOVE the 2 gals of marsheaux , who are from greece & not from france btw ! ;-)

check their websites @ http://www.marsheaux.com/home.html & http://www.myspace.com/marsheaux ! :-)

great stuff indeed , folx ! :-)

Bryan ferry - Dylanesque

This was one long thread. Maybe I'm getting to be a boring old man but I'm not listening to albums that much any more. I usually listen to songs. Except for the three (first) Ultravox albums, Metamatic and some of the earliest The Sound and Psychedelic Furs I don't by re-issues. (Now there you got my musical background, very diversified.). But I also like to listen to what’s going on now. This isn’t that hard if you liked post-punk-pop-electric stuff in the early eighties and late seventies. But right now songs I like to listen to are

SPORT & SPECTATOR by Boyfriendgirlfriend

SUPERMASSIVE MANDY by DJ Sunderland

WELCOME HOME, SON by Radical Face

THE CYNIC by Kashmir (Danish Band) with David Bowie on guest vocals

WHAT ELSE IS THERE By RÖYKSOPP with Karin Dreijer on vocals the singer of the great Swedish band The knife

I really do like Franz Ferdinand, Goldfrapp, Killers, Interpol, LCD Soundsystem and Snow Patrol as well (there’s a lot more) some of these make easy chart pop, but I like it.

When I go back in time I usually get stuck on two songs. Heroes by David Bowie, cause even though it’s really a basic rock n’ roll riff thing it is so cleaver one out of three songs I would have to bring with me if I got stuck on a desert island. There is also Slow Motion from Systems of Romance. Not only is it a great song, it’s the way the sound is put together. It’s like the whole sound is an entity and really if you would single out each instrument… I could go on with this, but since I make my own music it’s more of a technical fascination. How is it made?

Sorry for bad languish, I’m Swedish, I’m dyslectic and I’m children’s book writer.

Bosse

Administrator
Administrator
Songs, yes.
That's the iTunes thing happening…

Today I'm enjoying

Marc Almond - Stars, stranger in Paradise, Swansong

and for Palm Sunday
some beautiful Taizé harmonies and chants wink

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
just listening to the height of fashion, i wouldn't have known it's available without this forum so thanks a lot, sounds really good, even much better than i remembered... the extra tracks aren't that special really, but the original fabrique lp... wonderful stuff!

'Fabrique' is a good album! Can't remember anything about the follow-up - 'Twilight of Idols'though.

This week I'm listening to 'Part Two - The Endless Not' the new album by Throbbing Gristle. After a cursory few listens the standout tracks so far are 'Rabbit Snare', 'Almost A Kiss', 'Separated', 'The Endless Not' and 'After the Fall' - but more layers unveil themselves the more I play it. I was expecting to be slightly underwhelmed by it, but not at all. A brilliant album.

L
L
Inexplicably, today I'm listening to a collection of Barbara Streisand's greatest hits...

frown

Page 42 of 753 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.