Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 753 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 752 753
For the first time in ages, my ipod if once again full of Foxx & Gordon

Far too much coffee this morning resulted in a complete lack of ability to concentrate on one particular album so an ipod playlist of; Fennesz, Autechre, Throbbing Gristle, Harold Budd and tracks from Tiny Colour Movies got me to work this morning.

I stood at a record shop on Satday and found the remasters of Real Life, The Correct use of Soap and Magic, Murder and the Weather from Magazine. The Bonus tracks I have on the rarities 3 CD box too. The booklet of all three CD's incl. only sleeve notes about that period - no band photos and no lyrics! The costs of one CD is 17,99 Euro which is expensive for a remastered CD in Germany for my opinion. The 3 Ultravox CD's costs 10,49 Euro in the same shop. I assume it is a company thing of Island and Virgin.
So I'm a bit disapointed about the Magazine remasters and decided to buy them not!

My original CD's incl. the lyrics and my rarities 3 CD box includes a lot more rare stuff as on the remasters.
Its only interesting for people who buy their stuff for the first time, I assume.
If the price go down to 7 or 8 Euro one day I will make a new decision.

It's sad they did not so a great job as it was done for the Ultravox remasters... frown

I'm listening to the new Jarre CD, Téo & Téa.

So far it's quite disappointing frown

But I suspect ike many great albums, it will take some getting used to, so hopefully it will be a grower.

(5 mins later)

The track "Vintage" is the album's saving grace!! smile

I completly forgot that this album was out today. Maybe its not one of his better works although im no jarre expert.

Well tonight I am being rather self-indulgent as I am currently recording my own music for a little project, so that is what I have been listening to for the past 2 hours - me and my synth!! wink

Interspersed with me jiggling around the lounge to John's 'Young Love' with a mug of tea in my hand, of course!

Sarah B xx laugh

I've just been listening to Bowie - Earthling and now Freddie Mercury, Mr Bad Guy.

Sarah good luck with your self indulgence
Peter

Bowies earthling is a great album plenty of energy.

10 years on Earthling still excites and inspires me. It's a very vibrant and modern album and it still sounds great today.

Page 41 of 753 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.