Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#39226 09/24/09 05:25 PM
Just got the email from Townsend with the pointer to the free mp3 of A Million Cars. Dang, Brian beat me to it.

The backing vocal that appears at about 3:05 into the song is mixed way, way down in this version.

#39227 09/24/09 05:34 PM
I only listened on the way back from work in my car so I didnt have the other version to compare.

I suppose its one for completists smile

#39228 09/24/09 05:59 PM
S
S
This was the first time I'd heard that song. I was quite impresed with it. Will add the cd to my "wants" list.

#39229 09/24/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Oh, there may be one or two completists around here somewhere...

#39230 09/24/09 07:30 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
This was the first time I'd heard that song. I was quite impresed with it. Will add the cd to my "wants" list.
Good to hear Scott - it is definitely one of John Foxx & Louis Gordon's finest moments.
You'll enjoy Impossible...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#39231 09/24/09 07:38 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:

I suspect that was the logic behind the original decision NOT to release the track seperately or make a big deal of the re-pressing. This subtlety will only appeal to completists (thus really only a handful of 'repeat purchases') and really doesn't merit all the fuss about a 'different' version...

The BV is absent on the 'From Trash' version altogether, so its little more than a technicality.

I wonder how many people would have even noticed the difference... wink

How do you think we should refer to this 'new' version? It's hardly a remix, is it, more of an 'artistic correction'. Maybe A Million Cars(2009) will suffice?

Interestingly, it probably means that the (2008)version is the rarity.

This does all mean that four 'versions' of the song have been released, and ALL have the SAME title as no 'official' quantifying subtitle has been added to any of them..

*sigh* :rolleyes:

Bl**dy fine tune though!!! One of my favourites cool laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#39232 09/24/09 07:57 PM
Simple answer is to call it a Million and one Cars :rolleyes:

Mustn't grumble it's summat for nowt after all laugh

#39233 09/25/09 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
[b]
I suspect that was the logic behind the original decision NOT to release the track seperately or make a big deal of the re-pressing. This subtlety will only appeal to completists (thus really only a handful of 'repeat purchases') and really doesn't merit all the fuss about a 'different' version...

How do you think we should refer to this 'new' version? It's hardly a remix, is it, more of an 'artistic correction'. Maybe A Million Cars(2009) will suffice?...[/b]
A Foxxism for this track should be;

A Million Cars (Repurposed Remote Shout Method Reversed) wink

#39234 09/25/09 10:07 AM
The backing vocal sample is mixed way into the distance.

Overall I still prefer the original version - it's less "shouty".

#39235 09/25/09 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

How do you think we should refer to this 'new' version? It's hardly a remix, is it, more of an 'artistic correction'. Maybe A Million Cars(2009) will suffice?...[/b]
A Foxxism for this track should be;

A Million Cars (Repurposed Remote Shout Method Reversed) wink [/b]
Or A Million Cars Exo-shout edition laugh

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.