Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#39206 09/14/09 07:03 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't know if this one has passed us by or if nobody's bothered very much...

Quote:
IMPOSSIBLE RE-PRESS & A MILLION CARS REMIX
The current limited edition version of the Foxx/Gordon album, Impossible will be deleted on Monday September 21.

The album is being re-pressed for an October 19 release. It's exacly the same except for one track, 'A Million Cars', has been remixed so that the backing vocal melody is a lot quieter.
Bit of a cheek remixing just one track I reckon but there you go...

#39207 09/14/09 08:07 AM
H
H
It's mentioned by yours truly on the 'Three CDs, two new songs' thread. I seem to be the only one who's annoyed by it, however. :rolleyes:

#39208 09/14/09 08:21 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh sorry ... should be "Four CDs" then! . .well, six depending on which way you look at it...

Yes it is annoying that Million Cars remix... confused

#39209 09/14/09 08:56 AM
H
H
I'm more annoyed that it was originally released as a limited edition but has now been re-released. As regards the 'Million Cars' remix, I've always loathed that particular song so I shall not be buying this edition.

#39210 09/14/09 09:34 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Well consider yourself lucky cos I really like the song and and miffed I will be missing out on a remix! mad

#39211 09/14/09 10:30 AM
The version on Impossible was just horrid.

#39212 09/14/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Halloway:
It's mentioned by yours truly on the 'Three CDs, two new songs' thread. I seem to be the only one who's annoyed by it, however. :rolleyes:
Well, I posted on the myspace blog that the remix should be given for free to people who bought the limited edition. Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed.

ETA: speaking of limited... I ordered Jesu's Pale Sketches a while back from the new record company formed by Justin Broadrick, the guy behind Jesu (and Godflesh and various others). Limited edition CD. Apparently sold out pretty quickly. It's just been reissued with a bonus CD with three alternate versions. No, I won't be spending the money.

#39213 09/15/09 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Quote:
Originally posted by Halloway:
[b] It's mentioned by yours truly on the 'Three CDs, two new songs' thread. I seem to be the only one who's annoyed by it, however. :rolleyes:
Well, I posted on the myspace blog that the remix should be given for free to people who bought the limited edition. Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed.[/b]
I've been shouted down for grumbling about this kind of thing before, but really, what is the point of issuing a "limited edition" if it will be reissued shortly with only minor tweaks like remixing a single track "so that the backing vocal melody is a lot quieter"? I actually laughed out loud when I read in the email from Townsend, regarding "ANKOM": "To mantain [sic!] the 'integrity' of the first 1000 copies of this release, which sold out over a year ago, there are some changes to the artwork on this re-release." What, the order of a couple of pages in the booklet was reversed when they stapled them? laugh

I know it must be unpleasant to see high prices on eBay for which the artist or record label or official shop isn't getting a cut, and for a fan who missed out on the limited edition it's painful to know how much a rare item might cost, but how many people (other than the independently wealthy or the saddo completist) will repurchase a CD for ONE track or some artwork changes? :rolleyes: Do I sense an accounting problem at Townsend that must needs be remedied by desperately flooding the market with new limited editions in hopes of a sudden influx of cash? eek

Sorry, that was uncalled for. My cynicism often gets the better of me when I'm annoyed.

#39214 09/15/09 07:51 AM
H
H
@Lele,

I agree with you 100%. I also raised a cynical laugh at the use of the word 'integrity' with regard to 'ANKOM'.

*edit*
And, like you, I also see the hand of Townsend in all this.

#39215 09/15/09 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
what is the point of issuing a "limited edition" if it will be reissued shortly with only minor tweaks
"Unlimited edition
with an unlimited supply
That was the only reason
we all had to say goodbye"
E.M.I. by the Sex Pistols

Actually I'm not upset about it, I just don't buy reissues. I buy one version of a CD and that's it. However, John's management should be careful about this sort of thing. At some point, fans will feel like they have been fleeced and say goodbye.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.