Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#39055 11/02/08 11:55 AM
Thank you very much for your great snapshots, Federica!
smile

#39056 11/03/08 05:17 PM
C
C
Hi

lighting was excellent in Maghera. do you know John has his own lighting designer... oh yes it's me
thanks

with regards to Louis Keyboards .. he was using as he was in Japan .. the journey to the centre..
which is a Yamaha CS1X and the same one the he has been knocking the f**k out of since 1997 .
The other he used at Cargo which was not taken to Venice , due to weight restrictions on flights was a Ronco Fuzzaway, a delightful keyboard that Yamaha badge-engineered as a SY85.

Best

Chris1

#39057 11/03/08 05:52 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by chris curran:
John has his own lighting designer...
oh, perhaps this is an old (and slightly off topic) question, but when did you start doing the lighting for John's shows smile

#39058 11/03/08 06:49 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I was thinking the same to, from the youtube vids. Nice work Chris.

The overhead light is a new idea - works really well.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#39059 11/03/08 09:38 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
Originally posted by chris curran:
[b]John has his own lighting designer...
oh, perhaps this is an old (and slightly off topic) question, but when did you start doing the lighting for John's shows smile [/b]

a few years . i have been involved since the first omnidelic exotour and fully involved since the second part of that in april 98 .. andy birch was the lighting designer for that until the from trash tour after which he unfortunatley died . thats when i moved from the stage to the lighting desk.
Myself and andy had worked together for 28 years and we swapped roles often as evidenced on the midge ure tours as andy was the designer up until glorious noise and i took over with the european move me tour
Best
Chris1

#39060 11/04/08 07:53 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
[b]Actually to get to one of the most beautiful places in the world - Venice - you have to pass through one of the ugliest - Mestre, of which Marghera is a part - a huge chemicals factory, industrial units, warheouses and so on, a maze of roads . .it could be anywhere it the (industrialized) world.
Sounds like the sort of place John writes songs about! [/b]
Yes quite right. I'd like to think that was one of the reasons he chose the place as it is all industrialised and just a little bit worn down, but at the same time you are minutes away from the fountains, squares and canals of romantic Venice....
..or perhaps the gig was just there by chance...

#39061 11/04/08 07:57 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes excellent photos Federica, and thanks again also for doing those of me and John! (not shown here..ha ha!)

BTW readers may like to know that as a result of the Marghera gig an Italian John Foxx myspace page has been set up to keep Italian fans up to date with all things Foxxian.
http://www.myspace.com/johnfoxxitalia
(end of plug..)

#39062 11/04/08 12:02 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
There are now videos of [b]My Sex and Underpass up on YouTube from this show [/b]
Yes the my sex part 2 is mine actually http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbH3osB1eQ ) sorry about quality and brevity but it was done with a fairly poor quality camera when standing at the back.
Viewers my like to compare it with tokyohunter's rather more admirable clip done with the same (part of) song done at Cargo with that other chap on stage. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eij5ZI9CAWU

#39063 11/04/08 12:07 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok last post on the subject..

a bit of Dislocation here as well:
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2HbhBnrTc

#39064 11/05/08 09:15 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok very last post ....
some very good pictures on the venue's myspace :

Fucina Controvento

..I think the album is visible to all, if not let me know.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.