Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
John and Louis are looking to perform five songs which have been chosen exclusively by members of the Metamatic News E-Mailing list. Everyone on the list is able to put forward their choice of what they would most like to hear - the votes will then be combined and the five most popular tracks will be included. The intention is for these songs to ONLY be performed at the gig where entry is free if you come along sporting a From Trash T-Shirt.

So make your sure that your vote counts by requesting something from John's catalogue that you thought you'd never hear performed live and make it a truly memorable evening. The rules are quite simple - you must be a member of the Metamatic News E-Mailing list for your vote to count and only one vote per person. And before you ask, that particular gig is now set to take place in the UK at the end of the year - sometime around Autumn / Winter 2007.

T-Shirts are still available from either Sister Ray or Music Non Stop in either Medium , Large or Extra Large sizes.

Rob

Rob,

Can we include un-released tracks?

Brian

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Can we include un-released tracks?
Absolutely - as long as John wrote it (or was involved with writing it) then it's OK for it to be included... wink

Rob

F
F
well I already emailed in my votes,
but here they are here too,
so you can all vote for the same ones LOL

My No-Chance-in-Hell Top 5 is:

- MORNING GLORY (the lovely closing ballad on In Mysterious Ways)
- DISTANT SMILE (off Ha! Ha! Ha!)
- HERE WE GO (delicious reflective ambient electropop from Shifting City)
- UPTOWN/DOWNTOWN (haunting 3am outside beatbox & vocoder from Pleasures of Electricity)
- GOLDEN GREEN (that one with the singing and nice chord progression that closes Cathedral Oceans II)

Rob
Is it 5 songs per member to choose or just one song?
Peter

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
Is it 5 songs per member to choose or just one song?
It's five songs which counts as one vote - and you must be on the Metamatic News E-Mailing list for your vote to count. wink

Rob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a great idea in general ! :-)

anyway ...

Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
My No-Chance-in-Hell Top 5 is:

- MORNING GLORY (the lovely closing ballad on In Mysterious Ways)
- DISTANT SMILE (off Ha! Ha! Ha!)
- HERE WE GO (delicious reflective ambient electropop from Shifting City)
- UPTOWN/DOWNTOWN (haunting 3am outside beatbox & vocoder from Pleasures of Electricity)
- GOLDEN GREEN (that one with the singing and nice chord progression that closes Cathedral Oceans II)
that's spooky somehow , as i would only replace "distant smile" with "the garden" & it's my personal wish list then ! ;-)

cheers ! :-)

I've chosen my list and sent them back to Rob. For interest only I have listed them here as well.
THIS JUNGLE
FALLING ROOM
GOLDEN GREEN
THE GARDEN
DISTANT SMILE

I've tried to mix them up from different era's but it wasn't an easy choice.

Regards
Peter

F
F
you know, we really all shoulda got together and rigged the vote so John has to play something really SILLY smile

Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
you know, we really all shoulda got together and rigged the vote so John has to play something really SILLY smile
Well, I don't know if I want to force my all-time hero to look daft... but this got me thinking about casting the net really wide. You know, I wouldn't mind hearing John and Louis belt out 'Quirks'... and I don't want to hear any bull about John having forgot the lyrics!

VOTE 'QUIRKS'

P.S. Rob, my transcription's in the post... wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.