Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
On street parking, generally, is fine on single yellows after 6.30pm near the venue. But be very careful - the street and immediate area around Cargo is a designated residential area and so carries further restrictions which are easier to miss than you'd imagine; I know this because last time John played there, I parked on a single yellow about thirty metres from the venue after 6.30pm (great parking I thought) and came out to find a nice yellow parking offence notice stuck badly to my windscreen and with it, eventually, £50 of my money (actually £100, although authorities think themselves reasonable if I paid within 14 days) that I will never see again.

Further in towards the Liverpool Street Station area and Bishopsgate there are a fair number of designated on street parking bays and spaces that should be free after 6.30pm. Wherever you park, make sure you check all notices and that you're 'legal'.

All the best,

EG

I'll be going to the gig, if I can get there in time I'll find the pub and have a brew with all you!

Matt

F
F
Everybody have fun tomorrow.
Too bad I can't go there myself this time...next time!
And make some photo's please!

greetings,
fons

I'm heading down on the train tomorrow. All being well I will see you guys in the pub laugh

Already 5pm here in Japan - made me think about the fun you guys will have tonight your time!

I'm jealous, but as I did get to see two shows this year, I guess I can't complain!

Enjoy, and looking forward to some reviews on the forum later tonight wink

Have a good time all .... and if anyone has any mad ideas about taking a 'last minute' to Venice for Saturday then just give me a shout..
laugh
Oh yes and Cargo tracklist first thing tomorrow morning PLEASE. wink

C
C
Re: John,
Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
...Not a bad life's work, and still hammering away at it! Enjoy the gig tonight, I really wish I could get over there.
Three little word's stop me from being there also: cash, work, & home. Hope all the fan's who've traveled from quite far are well rested for later, and I wish everyone a great time with all of tonights events.
I'll be playing some Foxx on the bus on the way home tonight, and in spirit I'll also be there, 'just for a moment' smile

To those of you who will be attending the gig tonight, ENJOY! But of course you will. I look forward to the reviews (and pics) that will follow. cool

If I were there at the Owl & Pussycat this evening, I'd buy you all a round. Unfortunately for you (but fortunately for my pocket money!) I will be here in Chicago instead, consoling myself by listening to live recordings of John Foxx and thinking thoughts of, "Some day, somehow, somewhere, this live-performance experience too shall be mine . . ." smile

Oh, and please don't buy up all the stock of Neuro Video and Impossible tonight! I want to be able to order my copies from Townsend instead of having to pay exorbitant prices for them on eBay! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
Oh, and please don't buy up all the stock of Neuro Video and Impossible tonight! I want to be able to order my copies from Townsend instead of having to pay exorbitant prices for them on eBay! laugh
I second that emotion.

(Ordinarily I'm bothered by tour exclusive stuff, because virtually no one I'm interested in plays Ottawa. Still, I was kind of disappointed that the only Wire CD for sale at their concert last week that I didn't already have was a live CD I could get from Amazon.ca. Bought it anyway. And boy, what a show that was. It was great to finally see them after nearly 30 years of listening to their music. That's a hint, John.)

B
B
Hi all,

Just like to say that it was great to meet up
with everyone before the show.

It's a real shame that Gary couldn't make it.

Not very often that you get a group of people
together who all know so much about JF,
interesting conversations and points all round.

Glad Louis decided to gate crash, still surprises me that he is so approachable & sociable. cool

Let's hope there's more opportunities for 2009.

Phil B.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.