Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 753 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 752 753
My only concern with re-issues is the re-mastering; you just don't know what you're gonna end up with! The recent Siouxsie re-issues were terrible in places; the single digi-pack of 'The Scream' had such bad sound quality that they had to be recalled.

The intro to the Human League's 'The Path of Least Resistance' on the original CD issue differs to the original vinyl version (I've no idea what the 2003 remasters are like). Also this sudden need for all CDs to be extra loud (discussed elsewhere on this forum) leaves me cold. I feel sometimes that history isn't only being revisited but re-written as well. Rant over! laugh

The loudness thing also applied to Vinyl. Telekon on vinyl was stupidly quiet. Increasing the volume level increased the crackling and rumbling as well.
Not such an issue with CDs...

The remastering on The Numa Years was really poor in places.

The sound level on the Berserker album keeps changing, and all the (otherwise great) bonus tracks on Sacrifice are all quiet and muffled.

What kind of remastering is that?! Fortunately I already had Whisper of Truth and Play Like God on CD single where the quality was much clearer.

Odd...

We are looking forward to the OMD gig in Hamburg on 23rd May.

Is anyone here who goes to one of their shows too?

For me personally, I like their very early stuff - later they went into pop music too much for my opinion; as the most bands of the eighties did.
This is okay, for everyone who like this - but it is not my taste.

So I hope I can hear some old tracks too on this gig. I saw some reunion gigs of some bands in the past like The Damned, Buzzcocks, Television, Human League, Echo & the Bunnymen- which was a great gig!- but mostly I was tired after the half show. Perhaps I'm too old now and my taste has changed or the shows were simply - boring.

So I'm curios of Mr. Mc.Cluskey and his band.
Today I gone to the ticket center for a ticket of the Police gig in September. But the price is too high for my opinion. Absolutely rip-off!!
I'm curios the Police is worth the money they want!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Why is it a rip-off, though? You don't have to buy it, it's just there for people that do want it. For any band I like, I always end up with multiple copies of albums. Would I prefer to just stick with the original release, or would I prefer to have a remastered version, a double-disc-with-DVD version, a special edition, etc etc? The latter for me, every time. wink
yeah, you're right, and actually if there would be one new extra track then it would be a rip-off. then again if the remastered cd is availbale already, why not just release the dvd separately?

i think those remasters are copy-protected, i wonder if the new one will also be? i've neard that most labels aren't doing those anymore... not that it's a big problem for me since i never use my pc for playing cd's.

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
i think those remasters are copy-protected, i wonder if the new one will also be? i've neard that most labels aren't doing those anymore... not that it's a big problem for me since i never use my pc for playing cd's.
I picked up the re-issues of Architecture & Morality and Organisation as soon as they came out in 2003 - and as you say they have that Copy Protection software embedded (though being a Mac user I've encountered no problems with this).

However, it was only a few months ago that I got round to picking up the debut album - and all the Copy Protection stuff seems to have been removed. If I remember correctly - even the cat.no is slightly different to reflect that. Chances are that they re-issued all 3 again quietly minus the Copy Protection stuff.

The Magazine back cat has also been re-issued this week and that is also missing the Copy Protection software.

john foxx - burning car

i finally bought the 7".

Yeah, it's great to have the Vinyls too! smile
Love them all!

At the moment I'm listening to Sideways...

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[QUOTE]The Magazine back cat has also been re-issued this week and that is also missing the Copy Protection software.
Garry, do you know if there are some extra tracks on it ? I have all their CD's and two rarities CD's. But perhaps there is something new on the remasters?!
BTW: They all are great stuff!!!

I want to get those magazine remasters. Today i bought and listening to David bowie - Young americans - Special edition.

Page 39 of 753 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.