Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 753 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 752 753
...later...

Simple Minds - Sons and Fascination / Sister Feelings Call.

Their best album.... and one of those albums that on every play, is just as exciting as the first time I ever heard it!

M
M
Gary Numan - Jagged
Metamatic - The virgin cd release.

L
L
Today it's the '2007 Grammy nominations' compilation CD, plus Prince '3121'...

While I'm waiting for the all-singing all-dancing 2007 re-mastered edition of 'Architecture & Morality' I'm currently listening to... the 2003 re-mastered edition of 'Architecture & Morality'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
While I'm waiting for the all-singing all-dancing 2007 re-mastered edition of 'Architecture & Morality' I'm currently listening to... the 2003 re-mastered edition of 'Architecture & Morality'
fyi : if u already have that remastered edition , the 2007 issue will "only" have an extra dvd with the complete 1981 "drury lane" concert on it as a bonus , but no other extra audio trax ! :-o

that's bloody virgin's way of milking the fans over & over , again & again every few years ! :-/

Quote:
fyi : if u already have that remastered edition , the 2007 issue will "only" have an extra dvd with the complete 1981 "drury lane" concert on it as a bonus , but no other extra audio trax ! :-o

that's bloody virgin's way of milking the fans over & over , again & again every few years ! :-/ [/QB]
Oh I know that - I want the DVD as the VHS is so hard to get hold of! True, Virgin are milking the fans - but McCluskey's dancing is well worth the price! laugh laugh laugh

I'm still waiting for an all-singing all-(McCluskey) dancing edition of Dazzle Ships - that's an album I know I could never live without!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
McCluskey's dancing is well worth the price! laugh laugh laugh
oh yes ... of course it is ! *hehehe*

Quote:
I'm still waiting for an all-singing all-(McCluskey) dancing edition of Dazzle Ships - that's an album I know I could never live without!
it may be released already this year too , afaik ! ;-)

cheers , m8 ! :-)

i think it's a bit of a rip off to release the same record again, only now with a bonus dvd. even though it's the best OMD album. still waiting for the remastered versions of dazzle ships and junk culture... maybe one of these days.

now listening to blue monday -95 by new order.

Why is it a rip-off, though? You don't have to buy it, it's just there for people that do want it. For any band I like, I always end up with multiple copies of albums. Would I prefer to just stick with the original release, or would I prefer to have a remastered version, a double-disc-with-DVD version, a special edition, etc etc? The latter for me, every time. wink

I don't usually bother with reissues unless it's an album I really love and it offers something special enough to make me want to bu it again. if it's just bonus tracks, often I'll just get them on iTunes.

If I do buy a reissue then I'll usually find a friend to whom I can give the original album.

Page 38 of 753 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.