Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#38833 05/15/08 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
A different bit of youTube.

Underpass in Sydney can be experienced here
The sound on that is actually quite good! All mine have that horrible thumping sound that the one from the Corner Hotel has. I'm trying to get them cleaned up before I upload them. But be warned, Camera is 228MB in size!

In the mean time, I've uploaded 2 of John's post-TCM Q&A. One where he discusses how films and videos influence our lives and hes mentions how everything was gray in Lancashire when he was growing up. The other one has him replying to a question about his former fellow Ultravox band members.

These are both on Google Videos awaiting approval. I'll post the links when they're ready. Google also appears to resize them. Mine were all 640x480 @ 15 fps. I only noticed after uploading them that they said they resize everything to 320xsomething. mad

Anyone know of a site that doesn't alter them?

#38834 05/15/08 07:23 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Fabulous.
Thanks Atom Man - look forward to that!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#38835 05/15/08 09:40 AM
OK, they're up now. So the turnaround seems to about 20 hours.

Here's part 1 and part 2 .

You can rate the vids and add comments too.

Note the beer in John's hand! smile

#38836 05/15/08 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:

Note the beer in John's hand! smile
Excellent!

#38837 05/15/08 05:07 PM
Thanks for the links.

#38838 05/16/08 03:14 AM
OK, I've now uploaded the live version of Camera from the Metro, Sydney, concert (took most of the night to upload but it was worth it).

At 6:30 mins. its nearly all if it (I missed a bit of the start). As far as I know, its the only live version of Camera online.

You can find it here .

This is the only one that I took at the concert that doesn't have that horrible thumping sound (I was looking at other uploads yesterday and a few of them have it too).

I'm still looking for a way to fix the sound of the others before uploading them.

A few notes for future reference. I used a low end consumer still camera (a Nikon L10) to record the videos (it was easier to use than my other camera).

Unfortunately, it doesn't let you zoom once you're recording video. Also, holding steady for more than a moment is next to impossible so a monopod or something to rest the camera on is de rigeur.

You really need something that lets you control the recording volume too. I think a proper digital video camera would work far better (these usually have image stabilisation). Has anyone recorded with one of those? If so, can you comment on the quality?

#38839 05/16/08 03:57 PM
I've just uploaded my recording of Hiroshima Mon Amour from the Sydney concert. Its not visible quite yet but it should be soon.

The sound on this is passable.

#38840 05/17/08 01:23 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
The interview that John did with Triple-R radio in Melbourne with Steve Wide is now online to listen to as a podcast.

http://www.rrr.org.au/archive.php?archive=audio

(three or four lines down - 9th May)

Thanks to Mick James, program manager for bringing it to my attention - and of course for promoting the tour in this way too.

Enjoy... laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#38841 05/17/08 02:22 PM
Quote:
The interview that John did with Triple-R radio in Melbourne with Steve Wide is now online to listen to as a podcast.
Excellent! Any luck with PBS yet?

I also did another search for more reviews and found these two - Rave Magazine and this . The later isn't a review, however. The first one might have been reported already.

#38842 05/17/08 02:37 PM
Quote:

http://www.rrr.org.au/archive.php?archive=audio

(three or four lines down - 9th May)

Thanks to Mick James, program manager for bringing it to my attention - and of course for promoting the tour in this way too.

Enjoy... laugh
Brilliant - this is a really good interview smile

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.