Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38503 10/04/07 04:06 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Sorry if this all sounds very middle-aged but I am going to the Manchester gig tomorrow night and, being from t'other side o'Pennines, don't know Manchester at all well.

The venue has directions for car parking:
http://www2.ticketline.co.uk/venue_info.php?id=577009

Question is, does anyone here know this area and car park? I am rather nervous about turning up to said car park only to discover it is a dimly-lit Stygian hell-hole inhabited by knife-wielding Harpies.

If anyone can put my mind at rest/warn me away from the place then I'd be grateful. I am already in shreds at the thought of driving nearly the entire length of the M62 during the Friday rush-hour.

Tx,
H.

#38504 10/05/07 12:17 PM
G
G
like me, get the train.less of a headache.
the venue area is all yellow lines and campus barriers.
train-beer-concert-beer-home!

#38505 10/05/07 01:02 PM
G
G
There's a car park on the same side as the Academy and I've parked in there about 4 times now without incident. It's reasonably well lit but there's usually a few people coming back to their cars during the night so it's not too bad... it's right at the side of the main road, not tucked away.

I'll be parking in there again tonight.

#38506 10/06/07 01:02 AM
G
G
And lo, God did strike the ticket machine down and render the parking fee void... bonus!

#38507 10/06/07 02:08 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Groovebox:
And lo, God did strike the ticket machine down and render the parking fee void... bonus!
Really? I had to pay my £2!! Still it turned out to be an excellent car park. I would have taken the train but there simply weren't any. I think the last service from MCR to Beverley left around 8pm.

#38508 10/07/07 10:55 AM
G
G
You must've endured the traffic too then from our side of the hills. Not nice.

The car park was better lit than I remember, they must've run out of bulbs last time we were there. Yes, as we pulled up to the barrier, this voice said "hello, can you hear me?" - so glad I don't do drugs as a talking barrier would have flipped me out. And then the guy came over from his hut to tell us it was broken and we offered money but he said it was ok, I think he was just going to put a notice on it or something.

And then we walk to the Academy and... well it's boarded up! I knew it was 'Club Academy' but I was expecting a side room or something in the main building... disaster! I know, we'll ask these people in this building here, the one with 'John Foxx' printed on a sheet of A4... aha!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.