Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#38235 10/09/07 09:02 PM
Some cool looking pics there... I'll look forward to seeing more!

Thanks for uploading them smile

#38236 10/09/07 09:16 PM
Thanks Garry, their great. Very atmospheric.....

#38237 10/09/07 11:02 PM
Thanks for sharing, Garry.

#38238 10/10/07 12:49 PM
Sounds you all had a great night!
Thanks for the reports and photos. I'm glad I stood at one of these shows (ICA).

This was the best live gig of John (except with Ultravox) I've ever seen until yet.

Looking forward to Luminaire!!!!!

T-shirt is already... laugh

#38239 10/10/07 01:39 PM
T
T
I think he's the best he's ever been live.
Hopefully there will be a Metamatic Live cd released.

#38240 10/10/07 01:48 PM
Hmm, I might stand to differ on that. I wouldn't want to see Metamatic really milked, for different versions - there were 'live' versions of most of the tracks on Live From A Room.

I'd much rather see a live recording that features songs from various points of John's career - like Retro Future, but more up to date!

#38241 10/10/07 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Sounds you all had a great night!
Thanks for the reports and photos. I'm glad I stood at one of these shows (ICA).

This was the best live gig of John (except with Ultravox) I've ever seen until yet.

Looking forward to Luminaire!!!!!

T-shirt is already... laugh
If there's one gig I REALLY wish I could be going to, it's the t-shirt gig.

I was thinking to myself yesterday, although it's been good to have the new Metamatic and very cool to have an exclusive Metamatic tour, it does feel a bit that John's outstanding recent albums, From Trash and Sideways (not to mention TPOE, C&B and SC) have all been a bit left out of the live scene.

I'm hoping the t-shirt gig will be a show of songs from all aspects of his career, but more emphasis on the new.

#38242 10/10/07 02:04 PM
I assume it will be a mixture as John & Louis did for their other tours.

But the important songs for me will be the special 5!!!

I'm curios of which songs makes it in the end...

#38243 10/10/07 02:12 PM
I wonder if he will dedicate anything to Robert...

But yes, the 5 songs is the bit everybody is looking forward to! Even those of us who can't make it!

There are many songs from John and Louis' albums that have been left out and really deserve to be played live.

In many ways, they could perform a live show without even playing anything from before Shifting City! There's so much good music just waiting to be unleashed onstage...

There's only so many times you can play or hear certain songs live before it can become tiresome. particularly now John has probably got Metamatic out of his system in terms of live performance. With this in mind, I doubt that any tracks from Metamatic will be in the 5-song shortlist. It would certainly be a shame if they were.

#38244 10/10/07 02:20 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Good point.

However, the invitation to submit tracks was opened A Long Time before the recent re-issue, gigs etc so it would be interesting if, for example, Glimmer was in there.
I don't imagne that the TOP FIVE etc will be announced before the show, to give us all a surprise. And if they are mixed in with a set from across the years anyway, how will we know which ones have 'won'? I have yet to be at a Foxx gig when he's introduced any of the songs...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.