Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#38225 10/09/07 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the reviews and videos. Great stuff wink

#38226 10/09/07 12:19 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
What a top review! Thanks Garry. A pleasure to read.

Glad you had a good time.

The venue sounds like the perfect location for a Foxx gig.
Cheers Alex! I had a great time and yes, it's the perfect home for future Foxx events - the acoustics could easily handle a CO event too.

I also got my CDs!!!!!! Wo-Hoooooo! Was curious to note however why 1000 limited edition CDs would have bar-codes on the back? There wasn't many left - I saw 4 boxes only and I'd say there was approx 25 to a box.

#38227 10/09/07 12:39 PM
For those, like myself, unfamiliar with Steve D'Agostino and his work pre-Magical Metamatic Tour, you may like to check out his website here: http://stevedagostino.com/index.html . wink

#38228 10/09/07 01:09 PM
Glad you got your CDs Garry - I'll look forward to reading your thoughts on them smile

#38229 10/09/07 01:11 PM
...if they plan on selling what stock remains online, or shops like Sister ray maybe, then surely they will need barcodes?

#38230 10/09/07 01:58 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
...if they plan on selling what stock remains online, or shops like Sister ray maybe, then surely they will need barcodes?
Not got it in front of me but I don't think 'Live From A Room' and 'The Hidden Man' had barcodes either but were still later sold in Sister Ray (who still have these in stock) and Townsend.

Perhaps I did just worry too much about their availability because of their limited release! laugh

SOOOOOOOOOO Glad I got them though - I know some complained about the lack of live photos etc but I'll take a truly original John Foxx artwork over some live photo anyday!

#38231 10/09/07 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I’d like to thank Sarah, Peter and Rob for my prezzies! Many, many thanks! Should keep me out of mischief for quite a while! I’d also like to apologise to Sarah for the sudden formation of the Metamatic Dusty Springfield Appreciation Society (members: 2) wink , and promise that there will not be a sudden Metamatic Dusty Springfield Appreciation Society AGM in November. And I hope Mr Normall got home safe – you came a looooooooooooong way, I hope you enjoyed it, I know I did!

Garry
Hi Garry

The pressies - a pleasure, thanks for yours! However the MDSAS has really rained on my parade. frown Still, all is forgiven, and our live rendition of 'Being Boiled' was entertaining to say the least. Great to see you, Jo, Peter, Tapio, Tessa, Geoff, Rob and the rest of the crew for such an amazing night. Lots of jollies with Louis later, and John was as lovely as ever (when I could get a word in edgeways wink )

A wonderful review too, I can't add anything to that, so I won't bother!

Now, 1,2,3 altogether now.. "I just don't know what to do with myself...."

Best wishes

Sarah laugh MDSAS Member #3

#38232 10/09/07 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:

(when I could get a word in edgeways ...)
shoulda made it 'sideways' Sarah .. wink

#38233 10/09/07 02:22 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Hi Garry

The pressies - a pleasure, thanks for yours! However the MDSAS has really rained on my parade. frown Still, all is forgiven, and our live rendition of 'Being Boiled' was entertaining to say the least. Great to see you, Jo, Peter, Tapio, Tessa, Geoff, Rob and the rest of the crew for such an amazing night. Lots of jollies with Louis later, and John was as lovely as ever (when I could get a word in edgeways wink )

A wonderful review too, I can't add anything to that, so I won't bother!

Now, 1,2,3 altogether now.. "I just don't know what to do with myself...."

Best wishes

Sarah laugh MDSAS Member #3
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the MDSAS Forum wink Once again - many, many apologies! Our live rendition of 'Being Boiled' rocked! It was probably all that great bass sound in Cargo wink

#38234 10/09/07 08:31 PM
OP Offline
I've put a few photos up on my Flickr site of the gig - will add more in the week...off to bed now - absolutely knackered!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoodlum_scientist/

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.