Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38129 08/21/07 10:52 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Anyone know anything about these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/John-Foxx-2-The-Ga...tem130145244793

I'm very inexperienced with eBay and don't have an account, but I do look out there for curios (like these) now and again.

The posters are new to me - photos by Peter Gilbert 1982 (after the album?)

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#38130 08/21/07 11:21 AM
Just a guess Martin, but photographers used to create their own prints and posters for sale in the pages of Smash Hits / No.1 etc. I guess these posters were produced for such purpose.

I used to have a David Sylvian one (a Fin Costello poster from his 'Sons of Pioneers' book)and I remember that there were adverts for Numan ones as well.

#38131 08/21/07 12:04 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Anyone know anything about these? The posters are new to me - photos by Peter Gilbert 1982 (after the album?)
Pete Gilbert took the majority of the pics of John from around the time of The Garden. These posters were primarily sold via In The City magazine, as well as Smash Hits - I also seem to think (!) that they could've been available via The Service as well...

Rob

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.