Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thanks for posting the tracklisting, Rob. I'm just updating Quiet City with the news.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Thanks for posting the tracklisting, Rob. I'm just updating Quiet City with the news.
I'll be updating the News Section shortly as well, only I've been a little preoccupied with work on the release itself... wink

Rob

C
C
Just come back from a break and what wonderful news am I reading here. laugh Doesn't reading the track listing give you a feeling of deja-vu? It's definitely a dream come true for us fans. September is not that far away. Cool synth music of the best for the late summer months.

Nice work Rob!

Chris C
wink
PS The 2 CD format could be useful for John's back catalogue from The Garden to The Pleasures of Electricity....

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Nice work Rob!
Thanks... wink

Hope you had a nice break... laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
PS The 2 CD format could be useful for John's back catalogue from The Garden to The Pleasures of Electricity....
I quite agree - although it's unlikely that there'll be double discs for Shifting City and The Pleasures of Electricity.

Rob

Im not too keen on the idea of double cds from 'shifting city' onwards for two reasons. Firstly i dont think theres enough extras for cd2 of each era, and secondly the sound quality is not so in need of remastering. Agreed the news of the first four albums is a dream come true though. My only concern is that the next three albums may not have extras, other than those we've already heard.

I certainly feel Shifting City is in need of remaster, as the sound level is low and tinny on CD, and some great songs suffer for it.

But for TPOE, it still feels too recent to have a remaster. There's certainly nothing wrong with the sound. However since it's my favourite album, I'll be very interested to see what extra tracks there will be - in both cases.

I wonder if all 'new' extra tracks will be available on iTunes...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I certainly feel Shifting City is in need of remaster, as the sound level is low and tinny on CD, and some great songs suffer for it.
i can't agree more to it , as "shifting city" would really benefit from being remastered well , because its sound is very "thin" & definitely lacks a certain "punch" especially in the bass ( frequencies ) department - so to say !

Blimey! You go away for a few days and you miss everything! That Metamatic 2CD set is to die for – glad to see the inclusion of ‘Young Love’ among the unheard stuff - ‘Cinemascope’ etc – what a great title! Reminds me of when Kraftwerk were going to call ‘Electric Café’ ‘Technicolor’, but they couldn’t get the copyright.

Re – ‘Shifting City’ re-master – I think there is a need for this as John’s fan-base is swelling all the time now that he’s busier than ever and second-hand copies go for silly money on places like Amazon and EBay;

I mean it’s a great album – but not at nearly £70!; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shifting-City-Jo...86484872&sr=1-1

Rob – glad you’re involved! Those Edsel issues were awful! What would go on The Garden re-issue though? That’s a whole thread in itself - personally, I’d like ‘Church’ as an audio-book, set to the original Cathedral Oceans material – I can dream can’t I!?

Administrator
Administrator
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RadioBeach:
That’s a whole thread in itself - personally, I’d like ‘Church’ as an audio-book, set to the original Cathedral Oceans material – I can dream can’t I!?

It probably is, but what a great idea!

I seriously doubt we would get an audio book, but there can be no harm (or even too much technical difficulty...) in re-issuing Church one day.

The Metamatic Disc 2 is indeed a great gift to us all. The tracklisting does seem to have been carefully considered, and all those 'previously unavailable' pieces is more than I dared dream of. Hopefully the sleevenotes, artwork and music package will mean this is THE definitive issue

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Why does everyone hate the Edsel reissues so much? I'm perfectly happy with mine!!

Then again, I knew nothing of John's music before them!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.