Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:

btw : o.m.d. played a different set list ... but ONLY @ certain gigs like in athens , berlin , hannover , leipzig , munich , mainz & most likely also in vienna & the other festival dates this month too , but NOT during their european tour in may & the u.k. tour in june !
but the standard set list was better than the "special" set list , if u ask me , because i prefer to hear "sealand" , "georgia" & "the new stone age" anytime over "dreaming" & "dream of me" instead ! ;-)
Well definately I prefer "Sealand", "A&M", "Beginning and the End", "Georgia" and "The NEw Stone Age" than drivel like "Dreaming" or the 1990s material.....
....the point is, they advertised the concerts as being different. But then played the same sets. Naughty.
When I asked about it on the "official OMD message board", they locked the thread and banned me! Hmpf!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
the point is, they advertised the concerts as being different. But then played the same sets.
the advertising of the gigs & the public relations in general for o.m.d. was ( & still is - somehow ) something that's badly done by "the powers that be" in a lot of cases ... & i've made some very unpleasant experiences with "certain people" of the o.m.d. "in-crowd" in the past too & i'm quite happy that i've moved on by now & don't have much - if anything ! - to do with them anymore !

'nuff said about that here now ! *sigh*

well ... i think that it's time to get back on topic again ! ;-)

Quote:
When I asked about it on the "official OMD message board", they locked the thread and banned me! Hmpf!
Sounds like that is a beautiful place with glad loyal fans and forbidden critical comments.

GREAT! confused

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
forbidden critical comments.
yep ... because "critical comments" are only made by newbies & "moaners" , as a certain well known "moderator" & co-admin there once & for all made clear without a doubt ! *sigh*

what a "perfect world" he & some others live in there ! :-o

i would be bored in such a world & so i'm really happy to be here with y' all ! :-)

happy "foxx hunting" , fellows ! *hehehe*

cheers ! :-)

F
F
btw...i videotaped the whole Utrecht OMD gig laugh

F
F
Frankly, the people running that OMD site seem to me have psychological problems.

Andy McCluskey himself occasionally chips in and seems to have a more "balanced" attitude, but generally you just couldn't say ANYTHING on there that wasn't "OMG OMD LOL SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!", without a chorus of baying sycophants giving you a load of personal abuse and calling you a "moaner" and "never happy" and "some people just always have to find something to complain about" etc etc

Thank goodness this John Foxx forum is a rational balanced place where we can all natter away freely about John's work and what we think of it, without getting our heads bitten off if we say we don't like "In Mysterious Ways" smile

Quote:
Thank goodness this John Foxx forum is a rational balanced place where we can all natter away freely about John's work and what we think of it, without getting our heads bitten off if we say we don't like "In Mysterious Ways" smile
Feline - you're banned! I can't ban you - but I'm doing it anyway! 'In Mysterious Ways' is a heartbreaking work of staggering genius...er, um...and so is the Nation 12 album - surrender your passport immediately at the nearest police station! laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
generally you just couldn't say ANYTHING on there that wasn't "OMG OMD LOL SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" ...
guess what ?
your line "SQUEEEEEE ! OMG OMD ARE SO BRILL !!" has by now even become a signature of somebody "over there" , which makes u immortal , as i suppose ! *lol*

anyway ... i only use that place ( the forum ) to have a *lol* sometimes about how rather weird some "fans" can actually get - incl. that o.m.d. "in-crowd" , of course ! ;-o

andy & the rest of the band are all top blokes & very friendly people indeed & it was a great pleasure to see them live & also talk to them ! :-)

btw : who's this john foxx guy that some people mention over here , eh ? *hehehe*

;-)

F
F
I think I'm more likely to get banned for saying I really LIKE some bits of 'In Mysterious Ways' laugh

I hear Martins got a six months prison sentence then. wink

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.