Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I remember singing "Underpants" rather than Underpass, when it first came out.

I WAS still at school at the time..

Dave Lee Travis (aka DLT) on Radio One used to call it "Underpants" too wink

Somewhere I think I may have a tape of it - assuming it'll still play after 27 1/2 years....

Hi Gem!

Yes, I had the song on in my car, giving a colleague a lift home one day, and what did she say??? Yep, you've guessed it "oh, we used to sing 'underpants' to this one - turn it up". So I did. And she sang 'underpants' at every available opportunity!

Fantastic!

Sarah laugh

I think we ALL did laugh

Well actually for two whole years i thought I was the only person in the known universe who listened to and appreciated Underpass and it wasn't til I got to university in 1982 that when I was talking about music tastes to some guy he said "oh yeah John Foxx..UNDERPANTS"! The spell was broken. frown

My God... It's been a long time since I've read the "Underpants" lyrics! I think Herbert and I did a great job! laugh LMAO!!!

Oh yes... Welcome Gem! Didn't realise you were on here! (Sorry, I know I should post more often than I do...)

By the way...love the oversized underpants photo!!

Mrs. X

Just got an e-mail from Townsend Records, regarding this double CD. They are accepting pre-orders now, for £8.99..

G
Gem Offline
G
Thanks (somewhat belatedly, sorry!) for the welcome, everyone! And yes, SF Metamatrix, I believe we have met before in another place wink .

I wish I could find the lyrics someone suggested for 'I Want To Steal Your Ice Cream' (guess where that came from). Brilliance... laugh

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.