Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
H
Actually, I wonder if the second disc might be "Metamatic 2007" - ie the whole album rerecorded by John and Louis in their contemporary style. We know they're working on the album for the live shows - can it be coincidence that the Metamatic reissue is planned for this Autumn, shortly after the concerts?

H
H
I have a dim and possible fallacious memory of a Smash Hits news article, I think around the time of 'Miles Away' which said that JF had something like thirty completed but unreleased tracks. I wonder how many of these could be considered 'Metamatic'-era songs? Are we basically going to see what was originally intended to be the 'Metamatica' CD?

I hope it isn't going to be a 'Metamatic 2007' remake job. I don't really see the point in that.

If the second disc was 'Metamatic 2007' it would also make the next live album pointless, due to the sound being very similar.
I also recall text and audio interviews were John states always having extra songs for albums. But i think for some reason 'Metamatic' has the most.

The amount of Metamatic era songs on Live from a room would make a Metamatic 2007 pretty pointless.
The fact that John has said,all be it a long time ago,that he had plenty of songs left over(as stated,possibly the much lauded Metamatica)
would make more sense to release.
As for the point that Metamatic is a 'classic' 10 track album,then why not just take the 10 tracks and burn them to a crd yourself if the other tracks piss you off,keep them for a seperate cdr of your own!!
Myself,I'd be happy to have the b-sides and some other unreleased tracks along side

Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
As for the point that Metamatic is a 'classic' 10 track album,then why not just take the 10 tracks and burn them to a crd yourself if the other tracks piss you off,keep them for a seperate cdr of your own!!
Yeah i did that Will, thats why i suggested it as a compromise to Herbert for this reissue. Personally i love the extra tracks and the rare ones from boots, so i think this needs to be the definitive release and use as much space on both discs.

C
C
There could even be promos distributed!

IŽd go for the following. Based on my own assumptions of course.

OK Metamatic (2CD) promo:

Young Love
A New Kind of Man (7" version)
Underpass
Blurred Girl
No-one Driving
This City
Miles Away
Fusion Fission (1979 version)
Like a Miracle (1979 version)
Piano Piece (from The Bed Soundtrack)
Touch and Go
Touch and Go (strings)(from The Bed Soundtrack)

Chris C wink
PS Off to bed!

C
C
Ouch! Forgot Burning Car. OK revised promo:

Young Love
A New Kind of Man (7" version)
Underpass
Burning Car
No-one Driving
This City
Miles Away
Fusion Fission (1979 version)
Blurred Girl
Like a Miracle (1979 version)
Piano Piece (from The Bed Soundtrack)
Touch and Go

That was fun!
Chris C wink

I would be very thankful for every "new" rare stuff on this CD. So far I had understood it, John will release exact this - unreleased material.

A re- worked Metamatic CD with Louis would make no sense, 'cause the most of the stuff is on A room as big...

I cannot imagine John & Louis will recording it again. But it would be nice to have the other Metamatic tracks on a new CD in the type recorded style as A room as big... and Exotour...( together with Walk Away, The Man who Dies Every Day and Slow Motion!) wink

This would be on my wish list for Christmas...

C
C
Hope John fills much of the 2 CDs of 80 mins each!!!

Chris C laugh

F
F
I don't really buy this argument about "spoiling the integrity of the album" etc -

just press STOP on your CD player when it gets to the end of Touch And Go if you don't want to hear any more B-sides!
And if you don't want any B-sides at all, don't buy the new CD! Just keep listening to the old one.
Easy smile

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.