Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
I've just been to John's MySpace page and the date of 27 July has now been removed and replaced by 7 September!

False alarm!

Sarah B laugh
Yes its best not get too excited for the release date, as long as its still this year then its fine. Same for the tracklist really. Im hopeing for some of the rare ones we already know, and some we dont. But as for the complete bed soundtrack i thnik its unlikely. My advice, dont expect every track from the 'Metamatic era' on just two discs. One things for sure it will be better than the one disc versions. smile

but hopefully all the relevant tracks will be included, unlike the last time... i still don't understand why 'young love' was dropped from the previous reissue.

Administrator
Administrator
Maybe because its already on the 1993 version?
Some things need to stay as rarities, I think.

Edsel isn't a re-master, is it, I don't think?
So this track, which sounds so 'different' isn't generally considered ot be part of the Metamatic set?

I dunno - speculation of course

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Maybe because its already on the 1993 version?
Some things need to stay as rarities, I think.
maybe some things that aren't as essential as 'young love'... but now i have to have 2 different versions while there would have been space on the edsel edition. not a big problem really since i'm a collector but still slightly annoying.

not sure about this remaster thing, are any of the reissues remastered?

I think the edsel re-issued cds are Not remasters, but just better quality due to being manufactured more recently. This would explain why there not as high in quality as other bands remasters. The best sound of early solo tracks so far is the 'Modern Art' which is remastered.

N
N
Assembly (CDVM9002) is a remastered collection.

On the cover..................

"18 Tracks - covering the solo career of John Foxx from 1979 to 1985 selected from "Metamatic", "The Golden Section" & "In Mysterious Ways". Remaster for CD by John Foxx.

Quote:
Originally posted by nap-ster:
[QB] Assembly (CDVM9002) is a remastered collection.
I know and agree, but the best sound so far is the 'Modern Art' remaster due to its higher sampled bit rate, or just better manufaturing in general. Just like the difference between the virgin and edsel albums. Its also been said that the Mini Foxx cd albums from Japan are of greater qaulity than the British releases, but these still do not surpass Modern Art.

Administrator
Administrator
[QUOTE]Originally posted by psychocandy:
... but now i have to have 2 different versions while there would have been space on the edsel edition. not a big problem really since i'm a collector but still slightly annoying.

A fair point, but…

There is no confirmation that the song will appear this time round anyway

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
There's no confirmation of anything at the moment, other than the CD is going to happen!

Personally I would like to see (or hear?!) the addition of Young Love and I'm hoping for new tracks never before released or leaked.

The early version of New Kind of Man would also be good, as it's really great.

If the extra tracks turn out to be from the Bed Soundtrack and those "jingles" he composed, then I'll be very disappointed!!

What would be truly amazing is if John went back to the multitracks as a source for the new Metamatic CD. If you listen carefully on the Edsel release there are a number of noticeable 'drop outs' caused by tape damage/storage.

I guess the 2 channel master tape is suffering a bit. I'm assuming it was baked and digitized and then remastered for the Edsel release since I don't think the tape will survive many more, if any, playbacks.

Genesis, for example, recently re-issued a batch of their albums by going back to the multitracks. The result is stunningly good sonics. Believe me, the sound quality improvement is amazing.

Dave.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.