Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 753 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 752 753
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by ChilliPanda:
To get my pallet stimulated tonite

Starters - Its a selection of spizzenergi

main course of gary numans/tubeway army - replicas

followed by soothing desert of plastikmans Artifakts
Great choice! Artifakts is superb minimal techno. There is also a track on Artifakts called Are Friends Electrick?

F
F
wow,spizzenergi now that takes me back a bit to athletico spizz 80 in Hot Deserts or was that spizzenergi? I've been told by my boss to stop playing From Trash on repeat in work,i think tomorrow i'll play Metamatic all day long,lol.Listening to Tubeway Army Replicas at the moment

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b]Angel Face by Shock
Dynamo Beat by Shock[/b]
can you tell me something about this band? i remember back in '81 or so shock were mentioned somewhere along with landscape, but i've never heard anything from them and i've got no information about the band. is it some lost cult classic or something? if this is the same band...

Sting - Bring On The Night

Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Sting - Bring On The Night
Great, great live album. Music with passion. That opening medley of Bring on the Night/When the world is Running Down, is simply fantastic...

At the moment I'm playing Bowie: Liveandwell.com

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b] [b]Angel Face by Shock
Dynamo Beat by Shock[/b]
can you tell me something about this band? i remember back in '81 or so shock were mentioned somewhere along with landscape, but i've never heard anything from them and i've got no information about the band. is it some lost cult classic or something? if this is the same band... [/b]
Shock were a dance & mime act under the guidance of Rusty Egan & Richard Burgess (Landscape). They only released 2 singles to my knowledge. Angel Face b/w R.E.R.B & Dynamo Beat b/w Dream Games.

Their major claim to fame was performing with Gary Numan on the 3 Wembley Arena concerts in 1981 (I was at the final show).

Tik & Tok were in Shock & when Shock split they released a few singles with minor success.

Summer In The City
Cool Running
Screen Me I'm Yours
Everything Will Change

They released an album called Intolerance which was very dissapointing. Tik & Tok also supported Gary Numan on his Warriors tour.

That's all I remember about them. Please fill in the gaps that i've left out.

Cool Running was the best single, backed with possibly the best electronic instrumental ever, entitled Synthetic Heartsteps Of Unconcerned Androids.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Shock were a dance & mime act under the guidance of Rusty Egan & Richard Burgess (Landscape). They only released 2 singles to my knowledge. Angel Face b/w R.E.R.B & Dynamo Beat b/w Dream Games.

Their major claim to fame was performing with Gary Numan on the 3 Wembley Arena concerts in 1981 (I was at the final show).

Tik & Tok were in Shock & when Shock split they released a few singles with minor success.

Summer In The City
Cool Running
Screen Me I'm Yours
Everything Will Change

They released an album called Intolerance which was very dissapointing. Tik & Tok also supported Gary Numan on his Warriors tour.

That's all I remember about them. Please fill in the gaps that i've left out.

Cool Running was the best single, backed with possibly the best electronic instrumental ever, entitled Synthetic Heartsteps Of Unconcerned Androids.
cool, thanks for the info. would be nice to hear those shock singles, can anybody make mp3's of them or some of those good tik & tok tracks?

M
M
go to You Tube & type in Shock Angel Face & after you've watched that vid, type in Shock Dynamo Beat. I'd post the links but I haven't got the hang of doing that on this site. I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology.

Mark

Administrator
Administrator
Here you go Mark, it's dead simple.
Just copy the URL from your address bar and paste into the text body of your post here.

As long as it starts with 'http' I think the technology does itself!

Hope this helps

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 27 of 753 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.