Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
#37739 12/02/07 09:52 PM
F
F
More pictures!

Some pictures can be seen at my friends site, www.electr-on.pl

John Foxx - Luminaire / London 24.11.2007

Hope you like them as well, I personally like the one with the 'green microphone' (#3) the most laugh
Greetings,
fons

#37740 12/02/07 10:07 PM
Hi Fons

Thanks very much for sharing your great photos.

I can't believe a week has gone by already!

Sarah laugh

#37741 12/03/07 08:55 AM
I've finally gotten hold of Kerry's videos & pics.
Here is camera:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivazS7sdBEU

More to come tonight.

Brian

#37742 12/03/07 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Halloway:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
[b]
As someone who lives in the same neck of the woods as you I do sympathize but it must be said that Hull's lack of proximity to London is hardly John Foxx's fault, and neither is HullTrains' and GNER's extortionate ticket pricing structure! Nevertheless we have been lucky enough to have had two relatively close-by gigs in the last few months, namely Metamatic in Mcr and TCM in Leeds so it's swings and roundabouts.

Now the T-shirt gig is over and done with, I am left wondering just what was the point? When it was announced I thought that maybe the gig was going to be videoed for release and the T-shirt thing was to have an audience of obvious Foxx fans - I think Morrissey once did something similar. But in the end the shenanigans of what happened if you couldn't get in the first gig and whether or not you could get tickets for the second gig just seemed to be unnecessarily complex and it destroyed what remote chance there ever was that I could attend.

Perhaps someone could explain the rationale behind it? Otherwise, in future just book a gig and charge money for tickets - it seems to work most of the time. [/b]
Dave/ Harold. I live in Welton near both of you and travelled on my own, in car. I parked in Kilburn so didn't have any cab or tube fares to pay. I really enjoyed both gigs but wished the second gig had some differences. I had finished work at 6am sat morning (12hour shift) and had a few hours sleep before the long drive. This still didnt dampen my enthusiasm for the gig although waiting in a queue, freezing cold, was'nt fun. I recorded both shows on video and as I got different angles I intend to edit them and make one video. If there are any other events like this, get in touch via metamatic and we could all travel together.

#37743 12/03/07 11:47 AM
fons your Pics are superb!! smile

And Brian - thanks for the video's.

It's a shame I missed to met you both on the gig! This is the result if no-one knows how the Other looks like. It would be a pleasure for me to say hello to you at the next gig... wink

Thank you both for sharing your stuff!!!!
It's very kind!

Cheers, Andreas smile

#37744 12/03/07 02:50 PM
Thanks very much fons and Brian.

#37745 12/03/07 06:41 PM
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnyh:
Dave/ Harold. I live in Welton near both of you and travelled on my own, in car... If there are any other events like this, get in touch via metamatic and we could all travel together.
Hi,

yes will do.

Best,
Pete

#37746 12/03/07 08:53 PM
Here are Kerry's pictures from the T-Shirt gig:-

http://home2.btconnect.com/mateybloke/PhotoAlbums/album_1196711227/

Enjoy

#37747 12/04/07 12:03 AM
Nice pictures Kerry, and thanks for the link Brian.

#37748 12/04/07 12:04 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
I've finally gotten hold of Kerry's videos & pics.
Here is camera:-
Now, far be it for me to complain (I wasn't there, how do I know?)but what's with that thump thump in-yer-face drum beat? It goes through EATR as well and (to a degree) flattens everything and makes it sound the same... eek

I'll just strap myself to this post here, for flogging...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.