Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37446 04/07/07 05:59 PM
Fredrik Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,
just got home from Gothenburg where I attended John's gig at the Scandinavian Alternative Music Awards last night. It was the first time I've seen John live, though being a fan for almost 30 years now! I thought John and Louis gave a great performance with a good mix of new and old stuff - hearing The Man Who Dies Everyday and Slow Motion live was for me a rather emotional experience....
A number of other acts also performed on two different stages during the evening, and some of them are probably more well known than John to the audience. This would explain the fact that the crowd seemed a bit thin during Johns performance - well, at least it made it possible to get close to the stage. I'll try to post some pictures later.
As for the set list, they started out with 20th century, but I really can't remember the running order of the other songs (the venue had three bars). These are the songs performed (have missed any?):

20th century
The One Who Walks Through You
He's a Liquid
Plaza
Metal Beat
Ultraviolet/Infrared
From Trash
Underpass
Crash and Burn
Slow Motion
The Man Who Dies Everyday

No encores though, which I hope was due to the tight time schedule for the acts rather than any displeasure on the part of John and Louis. They should be very satisfied with their effort! I'll try to scan Swedish media for any kind of reviews.

Bye, Fredrik

#37447 04/07/07 06:35 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Fredrik:
I'll try to post some pictures later. I'll try to scan Swedish media for any kind of reviews.
I've already started work on a page for this gig - so any photos you may have would of course be very gratefully received... laugh

Rob

#37448 04/07/07 06:50 PM
Glad you had a good time. Be great to see some photos. Forgot about this gig totaly.

#37449 04/07/07 08:29 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for posting this - really good to have feedback on gigs, especially those rare occasions when John performs overseas.

Really glad you enjoyed the gig - Italian fans are in for a treat cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#37450 04/07/07 11:16 PM
Lokking forward to the pics

#37451 04/08/07 10:45 AM
M
M
Thanks for the info Frederik. I'd forgot about this gig also. Nice to be reminded.

#37452 04/08/07 05:23 PM
C
C
Hi All

Thanks for the list fredrik.
Unfortunately I was sober smile

And I have the set list in front of me!!

Intro (Untitled)
20th Century
The One Who Walks Through You
Million Cars
He's a Liquid
Metal Beat
Plaza
Underpass
Ultraviolet/Infrared
Crash and Burn
The Man Who Dies Everyday
Slow Motion
From Trash

Correct about the encore
It was a straight run through and then off

Best
Chris

#37453 04/10/07 02:10 PM
Many thanks, Fredrik! smile

It is kind of you to share your thoughts about the gig with us. As they played in Bielefeld (Germany)2002 , there were not many people in front of the stage too. But the gig was great and we had a lot of fun and it looked like John & Louis enjoyed it too.
THE QUALITY IS THE IMPORTANT PART!!!
In the past I saw some boring gigs of other bands with a lot of people in front of the stage
... So, a sold out hall is no guarantee for a good gig! wink

I looking forward to seeing your photos!

wink , Andreas

#37454 04/11/07 03:43 PM
Fredrik Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all

Thanks for the clarification of the set list Chris!
A Million Cars slipped my mind. Were you there 'spinning the lights' for John by any chance? If so - nice beams of blue and purple!

Rob: I'll send you some pics soon, unfortunately not all of them were good.

You're absolutely right Shadow Man. The quality of the performance doesn't depend on the number of the crowd. It wasn't empty by any means, I just felt that people there didn't really know what they were missing. But then I'm not the least bit objective on the subject of Foxx!

F

#37455 04/12/07 07:54 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Fredrik:
Were you there 'spinning the lights' for John by any chance? If so - nice beams of blue and purple!

F
Yes I was Fredrik

More of it this weekend in Italy..
I think the set will be longer.
I'll post when i get back

Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.