Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#37386 03/26/07 06:55 AM
sam.vox Offline OP
OP Offline
Much as I would love to go to this and hear not only CO, but Metamatic on one day, I am afraid that £115 for a ticket is a bit much for me. frown The price seems even more unjustifiable especially when there is not one other band on the bill I would want to see.

Looking at the official site it looks as if you have to buy a three day ticket and that single day tickets will not be available.

Will John be playing Metamatic elsewhere, as we have all been looking forward to this for so long?

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by sam.vox:
Will John be playing Metamatic elsewhere, as we have all been looking forward to this for so long?
I understand that John and Louis will be performing Metamatic elsewhere - but I have no definite details at this time...

Rob

The price doesn't surprise me as it is a festival - the downside being if you want to see one act, you have still have to pay full price etc.

Not that I can make it to the IOW anyway.

I wonder if I can persuade John to come back to the Sheffield Leadmill to play Metamatic... wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uhm ... i may have missed an important bit of info here , but about which festival / concert of john & louis are u talking here , fellows ? :-o

the one in sweden ?

http://www.bestival.net/

A festival on the Isle of Wight

Administrator
Administrator
Great to see John on the same bill as The Orb and The Chemical Brothers - otherwise he's probably the biggest name appearing.
Such is the extent of his underground influence.

The pricing thing is nonsense, but by hook or by crook I'll be there.

On a sunny day, I can see 'the island' from my office window cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Trust john to pick the only weekend that I've already booked up. Mind you at £115 it would have been way beyond my means and that's before the train fare and hotel fees.

I'm hoping he'll do the Metamatic set as one off concert.

The one thing that makes me feel sad is that I'll miss him doing a Blurred Girl live one of my favourite songs that as a hidden meaning for me.
Regards
Peter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
http://www.bestival.net/

A festival on the Isle of Wight
thanx for the link & info , alex ! :-)

i must admit that i haven't heard anything about that festival before ! :-o

it's also a bit strange that not even john's myspace site has listed & confirmed that info so far - so let's see , if he'll really play there ... or not ( remember the italian gig disaster last year ) ! :-o

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
Mind you at £115 it would have been way beyond my means and that's before the train fare and hotel fees.
Although £115.00 is a lot of money - it's quite standard for a festival. The ticket price for the All Tomorrow's Party festival a few years ago was more than double - but that (at least) did include the accomodation.

Quote:
I'm hoping he'll do the Metamatic set as one off concert.
Yes he will - more details to follow just as soon as they've been confirmed... wink

Quote:
The one thing that makes me feel sad is that I'll miss him doing a Blurred Girl live one of my favourite songs that as a hidden meaning for me.
Better make sure that Blurred Girl is voted for as one of the tracks you want to hear at the "T-Shirt" gig at the end of the year... wink

Rob

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
it's also a bit strange that not even john's myspace site has listed & confirmed that info so far - so let's see , if he'll really play there ... or not ( remember the italian gig disaster last year ) ! :-o
It's entirely possible (and probable) that Steve hasn't had the opportunity to update John's MySpace page yet - just because it's not listed there doesn't mean that it's not going to happen. Moreover, I haven't had the chance to update the Metamatic Website either, but last night I was able to send out as much information regarding this event as I had available to everyione on the Metamatic News E-Mailing list. That included a link to the Bestival Website where John's name is clearly listed among the artists who are scheduled to appear. I wouldn't have done this unless I had been advised that the information was correct.

Rob

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.