Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Here are my 5 songs which I would like to hear performed at the forthcoming gig.

1, Camera
2, What Kind Of A Girl
3, Enter The Angel
4, Like A Miracle
5, Europe After The Rain

Hurrah! Two others at least voted for 'Like a Miracle' - would kill to hear that live. Well....maybe not kill, exactly, but you know what I mean.....don't you?

T
T
My five for the 'T Shirt' gig:

The Hidden Man
Camera
I Want To Be A Machine
Dancing Like A Gun
My Wild Love.

And a VERY close sixth...A Jingle 2. wink

Just done my vote, which was...

Maximum Acceleration

Someone

The Falling Room

Another You

See you all at the gig, I'll be easy to spot, I'll be wearing a John Foxx T-Shirt. wink

I'm going for nostalgia here. I set myself the task of picking one song from the period of each of the three Ultravox(!) albums and John's first two solo efforts and came up with the following. I could spend the next couple of days explaining my choices but won't - I'm sure you all have lives and stuff like that to be getting on with...

1. I Want To Be A Machine

2. Quirks

3. Maximum Acceleration

4. 030

5. The Garden

I'd actually really like to see (hear) a medley of 'The Garden' and 'Twilight's Last Gleaming' (the first segue-ing seamlessly into the second). While they appear on separate albums, I've always seen these songs as two sides of the same coin (like a diptych where the two halves of the work are on display in different galleries).

Yes, a musical concert should always end on a note of extraordinary beauty - or extreme violence. Both work equally well...

Scott

Of course, by that I mean sonic violence, not physical... unless Pete Townshend's going to turn up with a few guitars he's grown tired of...

smile

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.