Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Am I right in assuming (in the light of a post above) that this "T-shirt gig" will also be pay-on-the-door if simply wearing one of my ordinary tasteless shirts?

Just why is it that 99% of all 'rock' t-shirts are black???

What ever happened to 50% grey, white or Pantone 387?

smile

I've emailed my choices... here goes

1) Wide Boys
2) A New Kind of Man
3) This Jungle
4) Your Shadow
5) Camera

Oh, and if there's any time left at the end of the gig, I reckon John and Louis should give us a blast of "Quirks"! laugh

I'm looking forward to the outcome!

And, I agree about rock t-shirts. Always black and never fit me! I have the smallest one available of the From Trash t-shirt for the gig, and it looks like a dress! Now, if they had printed a women's skinny t-shirt, that would definitely look a lot better! laugh

Sarah B wink

Administrator
Administrator
This is such a great idea.

I'm thinking there is a difference between "All time Top 5" and "5 tracks to play live".
My choice would avoid material from Cathedral Oceans and TCM.
It would be good to think they might move into John's other solo albums (Garden, TGS, IMW) at some point, but as that's a whole new kettle of oysters I don't think that's right for this set either.

So my choice - duly emailed by reply to the Metamatic Update -

Somewhere in the set:
Underwater Dream Sex
Camera

closing with:
I Want To be A Machine
encores:
In A Silent Way
Burning Car

I think that's at least three votes for Camera posted here smile

Once again the thought crossed my mind that this would be a great opportunity to work up one of Louis's songs. I think he deserves it. Something off Closed Gone Fishing would be marvellous...

Im also hoping to get into the gig by paying for a ticket in the usual way as I have significantly failed to buy a T-shirt

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Cromlech:
Just why is it that 99% of all 'rock' t-shirts are black???

What ever happened to 50% grey, white or patone 387?

smile
Some of mine are grey.

Wash them slightly too hot and keep them for 20 years.... laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
V
V
Official tshirts are never a good fit. They ignore styling in favour of a universal doesn't offend anyone's taste. I bought a plain tshirt that fitted well & had it printed with my own, simple yet stylish, Ultravox design. It won't get me into any gigs, but it looks good. There are lots of places that do printing. It works out more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Avoid snappy snaps though, they use a dreadful shiny plastic transfer.

There will be some odd or surprising requests coming in, I'm sure. What I hope John will do, is keep an open mind to the suggestions – for example an older track that may have been guitar heavy could still be successfully reworked in full synthesiser glory!

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
There will be some odd or surprising requests coming in, I'm sure. What I hope John will do, is keep an open mind to the suggestions – for example an older track that may have been guitar heavy could still be successfully reworked in full synthesiser glory!
That's what I'm hoping smile

I think it is a good idea with the t-shirt.

For the gig at the feet east in London I paid 12 Pounds for the ticket. For the T-shirt I paid 14 Pounds. So, for my opinion, I got a T-shirt for 2 Pounds 'cause I have to pay for the next gig too.

So, where is the problem?

It will be funny to see all the people in the same shirt! laugh

M
M
I've just posted my 5 to Rob, and they are:

Mr.No
I Want To Be A Machine
Forgotten Years
Never Let me Go
Film One

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.