Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
For one moment I thought that "Pleasures Shifting" was yet another new album!

Can't say that either of these are too high on my list of JF albums - never mind extra tracks, I think if you took, say, 4 tracks from SC and 6 from TPOE, you might just have a half-decent album......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
For one moment I thought that "Pleasures Shifting" was yet another new album!
me too ! ;-)

why not call a re-release of it "the shifting pleasures of electrofear" then ... & throw even some nation 12 stuff into it !? *hehehe*

okay ... seriously now ... both "shifting ..." & also "the pleasures ..." really need some more "punch" to be a good listening pleasure , as especially "shifting ..." sounds extremely thin in production ! :-o

btw : how u can remaster such thin productions for yourself very easily & also quite effectively was already mentioned by herbert & given kudos by me over @ this thread : http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000041

anyway ... jus' for the fun of it , i may remaster one of my favorite songs from "shifting ..." - "here we go" - again properly & may compare it with the result that an official re-release comes up with later on ! ;-)

I will buy it both! SURE THING!

Shifting City is sounding a bit "thin" and I think it is a good idea with the remaster. I'm not sure for Pleasures 'cause for my opinion it sounds good - but with extra tracks it will be a nice remaster too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.