Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I would have prefered no extended tracks on 'Sideways' either. Partly because it changes the feel of the album from being a real album to a collection of odd tracks. Secondly, the version of 'A Million Cars' on 'From Trash' is the edited version, where as the one on 'Sideways' is the full version not an extended version.

So i would have liked it as a double album as suggested, without the extra tracks on 'Sideways', but the full version of 'A Million Cars' on 'From Trash'

Administrator
Administrator
"A Million Cars" isn't on Sideways?

AFAIK, the only version of this released so far is the one on From Trash. Wonder if you're confuring this with "Impossible"?
Even then - the versions on From Trash are not 'edited' are they, which is why they are described as extended on Sideways.
Similarly "Freeze frame" on The Hidden Man.

I'm not aware of 'edited' versions of these tracks?

Is there any difference between the versions of 'From Trash' on the album, and that on The Hidden Man?

Unless, I'm missing something obvious. More coffee, please

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Your right its 'Impossible' instead. A few slight problems today, im 'Miles Away'.

As for 'Impossible' being extended on 'Sideways' thats a matter of opinion, even though it is stated as that, i agree.
The 'From Trash' version is edited in the same way as the version of 'Underpass' on 'Modern Art' i.e. nothing edited out, but just fades in later and out sooner.
In that sense 'Impossible' on 'Sideways' is in fact not extended as in something added, but the full version. Just as 'Underpass' on 'Metamatic' is full not extended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
the versions on From Trash are not 'edited' ...
Similarly "Freeze frame" on The Hidden Man.
well ... "freeze frame" on the "from trash" album is a rather bluntly edited / faded out version , which i really dislike in that edit & i always prefer to listen to the full length version on "the hidden man" album ... or to my very own radio re-edit of it ! ;-)

H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I seem to remember that 'Sideways" was going to be available in the shops this year?

My local HMV (who are VERY good and get anything in) don't even have it listed, so I guess it isn't on general release yet.
frown
Odd, as HMV's website is listing it.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.