Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hmm.

I have TCM, From Trash, Live from a room, and Sideways.

So where did "running in traffic" come from? What did I miss?

(Hi Shaun. I've not been to dubsounds for a bit. Missed much?)

Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:

So where did "running in traffic" come from? What did I miss?
"Running In Traffic" is a great, uplifting poppy track, that sounds slightly similar to "Miles Away".

It was an exclusive track on the "Hidden Man" interview CD.

Here's the page about it on my website:
http://www.quietcity.co.uk/hiddenMan.htm

...except I just realised I still haven't got round to putting a more comprehensive track listing for it.

As well as "Running...", the CD also featured "From Trash" and an longer version of "Freeze Frame", which I like a lot. I thought it was a shame they cut the ending short on the final album.

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[QUOTE]I thought it was a shame they cut the ending short on the final album.
Interesting.
I have just written my review of The Hidden man and found myself ranting about how pointless the extra two minutes seem to be!
Apart from the last resonating note, I don't feel the song benefits from being any longer.

Running in Traffic however, could go on for an hour and I'd still love it!
Would be great to see this develop into a live 'stomper' of Shifting City proportions.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I happen to like the way the music progresses at the end of it. However maybe I'm more attached to it because I had got used to it that way before I heard the album edit.

I don't particularly care for the extended versions of "Impossible" or "A Room As Big As A City".

It was nice to hear the longer version of "Impossible" though because I like the track a lot. I do like the ending of the longer version. Although comparing the two, I would have probably made the album version even shorter - cutting it off before that loud synth note comes screaming in.

C
C
It just goes to show how it's 'different strokes for different folks' as I really like the extended version of ARABAAC, it seems to develop more, with the tinkly piano in the background etc (I thought the album edit was too short). As I've said before, I've swapped the album version of 'Freeze Frame' with the ext version and added 'Running In traffic' to the 'From Trash' copy in my car - tempted to do another one swapping the two 'Rooms'. Agree with you, Martin, with regard to 'RIT' being a great live track - is this a wishlist? (Nobody mention Urban Motets!!)
Cheers

can some one please tell me where I can get Sideways?

Please...

Hmm, it was available at musicnonstop.co.uk but they must have sold out as it's no longer listed.

Unless I am just being more dumb than usual...

Hmmm... I seem to have missed the "Sideways" boat too, and I thought I was on top of things recently. frown I just checked the link given earlier in the thread, but it ends up at a blank white page.

Was it a limited release, and is it likely to be (re)available?

Administrator
Administrator
I seem to remember that 'Sideways" was going to be available in the shops this year?

My local HMV (who are VERY good and get anything in) don't even have it listed, so I guess it isn't on general release yet.
frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Its still listed on SisterRay

http://www.sisterray.co.uk/

Thats where I got my Hidden Man from today smile

Brian

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.