Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
Agree with you there, Ted, 'Sideways' gets my vote over 'From Trash'.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold Halloway:

I can't see why it would be a state secret!
That depends what 'state' you're in...

smile

PS: After this Xmas you could bury me in a jam jar!...

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold Halloway:
Perhaps Rob or Cerise has the right date - I can't see why it would be a state secret!
Nope, even we don't know! smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Nope, even we don't know! smile
I think its good Cerise that some things are still not known about John, it helps to keep some of the quiet man image surrounding him. The recent threads about this on T.Point was very interesting on the subject.

You need to keep the mystery sometimes, and as i always say.....

smile

J
J
I know virtually nothing about John's personal life. While listening to the Dave Clarke interview, I was shocked to discover John had a mother. I just assumed he'd burst fullgrown from Zeus's forehead...with a Polymoog.

H Offline
For me 2006 has certainly been a fantastic year.
I have seen John and Louis perform twice (Wolverhampton - where I met John and Louis for the first time as well as Rob, and then Coventry) both times have been excellent. I also saw John in Bath shortly after the Coventry show which was a bonus.

I am also looking forward to the "free" gig in London for which I eagerly await the details.

If you consider the volume of material that has also been released during 2006, it has been excellent and well received by the majority of people who I have seen on the various forums.

Having been listening to John and Ultravox since 1978, the new music has dragged me kicking and screaming into the 21st Century having been locked into 1977-1981 for so long.

All I can say is that long may the music continue and the hard work and support shown by Rob and Cerise in keeping this monster moving and everyone else here for that matter!

Bring on 2007

H smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Hi Folks. Good to be back!!!

smile

Aww shucks - thanks H! laugh
Cerise & Rob

H
H
I'd just like to say it's been nearly 3 weeks now since I last heard a new John Foxx album! What's taking so long? Pull your finger out, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
[QUOTE]Personally - the highlight for me has to be [b]Tiny Colour Movies which I feel is John's most important release since Metamatic.
Rob [/b]
Yes, I aggree with you Rob.
Musically the highlight is this CD.
From the new CD's with Louis I prefer Sideways - than From Trash. ( What NOT! means one of it is a bad CD... like both but Sideways is the better one for me.) laugh

But my personally highlight was for sure our trip to Leeds, Brighton and London. And to speak with John again - this was a special favour!! It was sooooo nice to meet you all guys!!! We come back - 100% sure!!!

Looking forward to the T- shirt gig... laugh

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.