Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
#37027 10/17/08 03:36 PM
Many thanks for the reviews guys

And I really hope it was recorded too!

#37028 10/17/08 03:42 PM
Here are a few of my pics.

There are also a few of the pre-concert meet at the Owl & the Pussycat.Amongst the many members in the pictures you can see Boris the Robot(Phil),Birdsong(Martin),MikeG,Mark(Church Puddle),Metalbeat(Peter),Shadowman (Andreas & partner),Chris Curran & Craig & me.

Louis & Chris popped around for a quick pint before the show.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/mateybloke/john%20foxx%20cargo%202008/?albumview=slideshow

Enjoy.

Brian

#37029 10/17/08 03:44 PM
B
B
Just arrived back,

Enjoyed last night's gig - interesting set list,
I thought "The Garden" was fantastic, great to hear this live for the first time.

Nice to meet some more Forum folks.

I can forgive John & Louis almost any mistake, great atmosphere - and they always look as though they are having a good time.

It's great to see a few more faces on stage too, smile

Phil B.

#37030 10/17/08 04:33 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Here are a few of my pics
wow, on page one there's a row of 5 pic's (end one is in the pub), the first 4 are of John on stage, two of which are B/W, these are all really fantastic smile

(edit): thanks also for these pic's 'no-one driving'
Quote:
Originally posted by no-one driving:
Spot the back of your head time . . . .

#37031 10/17/08 04:35 PM
Cheers,I've just edited the link to point to a slideshow,gets rid of all the ads laugh

#37032 10/17/08 04:50 PM
F
F
Thanks a lot for all the reviews, pictures & movieclip so far!
Next best thing to going myself laugh

#37033 10/17/08 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by no-one driving:
Spot the back of your head time . . . .

Cargo Photos
Ah, so that what the back of my head looks like!! wink

#37034 10/17/08 07:22 PM
I managed to work out the back of my head . I'm going a bit thin on top laugh laugh laugh

Thank you Brian and No one Driving for sharing your pic's.

I enjoyed your review Martin. It was a nice summary of the evening.

I enjoyed the whole day. I must admit I got a bit bored watching the films before John came on stage where they kept looping. It seemed a long time waiting from being allowed to enter the hall and for John to appear but when John came on stage the time flew and it was a great set list. During the encore John looked as though he was really enjoying himself.

These are my opinions only, Camera and Young Savage didn't work on the night live, and the other extreme The Garden, Travel, Burning Car and Broken Furniture outstanding.

Of the VJ set I loved the way the original video footage of Underpass was used when John did Underpass. Comparing his looks then to now. It also worked very well with Burning car. At the beginning of Endlessly burning buidings didn't work on the video.

It was nice to catch up with other Metamatic members in the Owl and Pussycat. It's nice to know that we are "real" people and not hiding behind a keyboard writing posts all the time.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising Cargo.

You were missed Garry. frown

Peter

#37035 10/17/08 07:37 PM
Saw the Show , Went home ,Went to bed ,Dreamt of GUITARS !

#37036 10/17/08 08:17 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
Yeah - and Camera did get a bit silly at times, didn't it?
Shame, an interesting song for them to tackle, but I can see the potential for it to go astray at a live performance. It’s a track that’s got to be ‘correct’ to be believable, maybe here there’s a good argument for a bit of 'laptop liberty taking' in the ‘is it live, or isn’t it’ presentation.

Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
I'm sure it's something most of us have noticed in the last 10 years -
John & Louis do have a bit of a tendency to run a song round in a loop and keep on and on vamping round on it for 2 or 3 or 4 or ... extra minutes at the end
I’ve certainly felt it in the past, there really is a moment when stylistically or emotionally something should end, as it had to also 'end' on the studio version. I know it’s a live convention to achieve an acceptable ending in real time, but a couple of times I’ve felt that John and Louis have gone just a bit beyond the climax without acknowledging that they maybe took some of the audience past it already, it works for some tracks, but not necessarily all.

Quote:
Originally posted by RobTim:
Saw the Show , Went home ,Went to bed ,Dreamt of GUITARS !
Was John in that dream? laugh If so then you should post the whole thing here:
http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000427

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.