Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 753 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 752 753
...I've just finished listening to Living Ornaments 79!

I need to get '81, and the collection is complete! Too bad Beggars Banquet never released the planned Living Ornaments '83...

Hi Rob, Hi Alex,

Many thanks guys, at that price I'll pick up Dark Light & Shepherds Bush!

I've got LO '79 and '80 - not listened to the LO '78 one that comes with the Tubeway Army re-issue yet and I've had a few years now.

LO '83!? Blimey! Never knew one had been on the cards.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
[b]Dark Light is WELL WORTH investigating - it contains fantastic versions of Replicas, Praying to the Aliens and Do You Need the Service?... wink
[/b]
Rob, you're a man of endless good taste!!

The tracks from Replicas do work incredibly well on this album.

M
M
Seems to be an early 80's Numanfest going on. it must be the full moon that is now on the wane....

I've been listening to Living Ornaments 80, especially the full concert part of the package. I particularly like the faster version of Telekon, the synth bubbles & whooshes on Remember I Was Vapour & I Dream Of Wires.

I think the ending of The Joy Circuit is one of the best I've ever heard. The violin & synths soloing together as Cedric Sharpley Rrussell Bell & Paul Gardiner "machine rock-out."

I've also been playing Freak Show by The Residents, some of my own stuff, & Memories Of The Space Age by Logan 5, which is analogue electronics at it's very best.

just listening to finnish drone band UTON. but funny, i just bought 2 numan remasters this week, 'dance' and 'i, assassin'. i had them on vinyl previously but i hadn't listened to them for years. good stuff both of them, and only now i realised how for instance "crash" sounds especially foxx-influenced.

Ultravox: Systems Of Romance

G
G
Have admit to having downloaded the leaked version of Air's new album "Pocket Symphony" but rest assured I'm *no* audio-pirate and will be coughing up on release date. Just couldn't wait and I was proved right - it's another masterpiece.

Administrator
Administrator
Creedence Clearwater Revival anyone...?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Thanks to Alex and Rob's reccommendations I spent the weekend listening to 'Dark Light'.

However, to keep myself awake on the tube this morning it was Underground Resistance's 'Intastellar Fugitives'

What did you make of Dark Light? Did you get the Shepherds Bush album too?

As for me, I'm still on Bowie...

Page 18 of 753 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.