Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#36076 03/11/08 12:25 PM
MikeG Offline OP
OP Offline
For those interested in buying the limited editon CD version, it is available on the 'net.

Unfortunately, it is going to be VERY expensive compared with the download. Just checked on http://www.recordshopx.com/ and they are asking 19.90 euros, plus a credit card charge, plus postage. With the exchange rate the way it is at the moment you won't see much change from £20 frown

The download is £5.45

#36077 03/11/08 12:47 PM
Administrator
Administrator
3.En ole ollut täällä koskaan aiemmin (feat. John Foxx) cool

The cover image reminds me of John's 'monumental statue project' idea, which is the kind of link I like.

Amazon (and others) list the track at 8'10". Looking forward to that full length version as I think the radio edit is excellent

I wonder if the sleeve is written in Finnish? That would be quite cool...

Tracklisting for the Double vinyl is:-
A1Gentlemen Prefer Laser
A2Forgive Me Father For I Have Synth feat. Ebb
A3Synthetic Ballad Of Charles Darwin feat. Jimi Tenor

B1Errare Machinale Est feat. Justine Electra
B2The Descent Of Man feat. Nick Triani

C1Never Been Here Before feat. John Foxx
C2Character feat. Jerry Valuri

D1 Mere Vehicule
D2Titans feat. Ernesto

Seems a very targeted format for the turntables.
That 'Ebb' title track A2 is superb

Incidentally, I notice that this is NINE tracks, as per the download pre-orders I have seen for the MP3, although in a different order.
The tracklisting as per Mike's link (above post) includes a tenth track, a second helping of Valuri? I've not seen this anywhere else

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#36078 03/11/08 03:50 PM
MikeG Offline OP
OP Offline
Just noticed they have now reduced the cd album price on the above link to 17.90 euros (LP still 19.90).

#36079 03/12/08 02:15 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
3.En ole ollut täällä koskaan aiemmin (feat. John Foxx) cool
That's "Never Been Here Before" in Finnish. Eazy language.

#36080 03/25/08 02:56 PM
T
T
Plumped for the download. Have just heard it. The Foxx track is awesome. The album overall is slightly more immediate than the last one. Nice to have Valuri and Triani back on board as well. The perfect music for trains. Thumbs up! laugh

#36081 03/25/08 04:52 PM
MikeG Offline OP
OP Offline
I've gone for the download as well. I wanted the CD but the extra cost convinced me otherwise.

Dualizm has always been a favourite of mine and I'm glad to say this album seems just as good (on first listen).

As a slight aside, I notice the download was £5.45 on pre-order, but is now £5.95 on play.com. Is this normal practice - try and encourage punters to buy early?

#36082 03/25/08 07:55 PM
Administrator
Administrator
As well as the obvious Foxx, I particularly like the title track, and Nick Triani's contribution "The Descent of Man"
It seems so far like a less disparate package than Dualizm, but 'dance' music of this kind isn't a great favourite of mine.

I hope you're wrong Mike, about the pricing thing.

How does it work with downloads though - its not as if there's a limited number of stock?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#36083 03/27/08 02:09 PM
That's one of the best album covers I've seen in a long time!

#36084 03/27/08 04:54 PM
MikeG Offline OP
OP Offline
Agreed. I've just created my own CD from the download. Thankfully the download included a jpeg of the artwork for the CD front cover.

Left to my own devices with the back though. I decided to include the timings with the tracks and the timing for track 8 was wrong on play.com (by 10 minutes!). They have corrected it now but too late for my artwork mad

#36085 04/18/08 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I wonder if the sleeve is written in Finnish?
No it is not [nor Swedish - Finland's other official language - or Estonian or German (which I can)]: to me it looks French or Latin (which I cannot). The text is originally written leaning backwards and printed as mirror image, and this & the pictures create very davincian outlook, I guess on purpose: as the track names reveal, Hulkkonen is very interested in natural sciences.

Writing English song's names in Finnish would work better if the tracks were instrumentals (a method used by eg. Circle and Saariston Lapset).

Hulkkonen is among the top Finnish synthpoppers, but I find his method of using guest vocalists uneasy. The songs, especially vocal parts, sound like unfinished. John Foxx's own songs sound so perfect.

#36086 05/31/08 05:52 AM
C
C
Decided to go for this one. Just ordered it from the Finnish shop. laugh

Jori is a very interesting artist in the field of electronics. Dualizm is a fine example of his talent. Currently listening to this CD, perfect music for a Saturday morning.

Looking forward to Errare Machinale Est.

I hope he releases a CD version of Never Been Here Before, even in limited quantities. Such an infectious track!

Keep it up Jori!

Chris wink

#36087 05/31/08 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
I hope he releases a CD version of Never Been Here Before, even in limited quantities.
I second that! smile

#36088 06/03/08 12:10 PM
M
M
I like the theme music of "Huippumalli haussa" i.e. the Finnish version of "America's Next Top Model". Last sunday I checked the end titles and the music is by non other than Jori Hulkkonen.

(Anu was my favourite wink )

#36089 07/22/08 11:36 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Now here;s a weird thing.

I have just tried to burn a CD-R copy of this download (that I bought from play.com) and the John Foxx track is 'missing'?? eek

Everything else is fine, but that song. Listed OK, but iTunes can't find the original which has totally vanished off my hard drive.

Anyone?? eek confused

#36090 07/24/08 11:42 AM
MikeG Offline OP
OP Offline
That's very strange Martin. I followed the same route as you; download from play and then burn to CD, but in my case there was about 5 minutes between the two activities and I didn't have any problems.

Do you have the Recycle Bin set up (if Windows) or some equivalent so that deletions are a two-stage affair? If so, it sounds like enemy action!

When I recently downloaded 'Running In Traffic' from Townsend it came with a product code so that I could go back and perform the download again (max 3 times). From memory, I don't think play offered this for Jori's album frown and I don't think John's track was available as a serarate download either frown frown

#36091 08/05/08 11:28 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Thanks Mike. I have subsequently re-downloaded the track.

Bit worrying though - there is no conceivable way that I could have deleted it. eek eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.